Thursday, January 5, 2012

Married 3 years!

On January 3, 2011 we celebrated our 3 year anniversary.  Like I mentioned earlier, it kind of got put on the back burner because lets face it, we have an almost 3 month old baby (more on that later) and are just a little preoccupied these days.  On this very special day, we ordered take out from O'Charlies (because we had a gift card) and my sweet husband got me the most beautiful bouquet of red roses and a card!  I was blown away, because I have never gotten roses from Steve before.  Flowers, YES.  A bouquet of Roses, No.  As far as gifts go, we decided to forgo them this year.  I think Steve cheated with the flowers...  haha  I'm ok with that though.  They are just so pretty!  Anyway, we spent the evening curled up on the couch with our sweet baby watching the UK game.  haha It may not be the most romantic evening, but for me, it was perfect.  I know that we will not always spend our anniversary at home, on the couch, with a third party present, but for this season in my life I wouldn't have had it any other way.



I ended up not going out and buying a card.  Instead, I went outside on that frigid day and wrote a Happy Anniversary message with sidewalk chalk on our drive way.  This way he would see it when he got home from work.
 
It is unbelievable that we have been married for 3 years already.  In those three years, a lot has happened!  When I look back and think about our wedding day, it is hard to believe it was so long ago!  I remember it like it was yesterday!  Steve's parents threw us he most beautiful rehearsal dinner at Maggianos Italian Restaurant the night before our wedding.  On our actual wedding day I remember waking up feeling very calm and happy!  I laid in bed just thinking about the day ahead of me.  When I finally popped out of bed I ran around my parents house telling everyone that "Today is my wedding day"!  I remember getting ready with my mom and bridesmaids, seeing my dad for the first time, pictures, and waiting in our room at the church with the flower girls for the ceremony to start.  I felt pretty relaxed up until my dad and I were getting ready to walk through the doors at the back of our church.  I looked over at him and he looked so in control and calm.  THANK GOD!  I saw one slip of a facial expression and I started crying right as the doors opened and the string quartet started playing the wedding march. Yep!  I was that bride that cried all the way down the isle.  Pictures of this are not so pretty!  haha  When I saw Steve he was just smiling at me and I knew that we were going to be so happy together!  The ceremony was beautiful, but at the time it seemed so long!  All I wanted was to be married to my best friend and the man I loved!  The reception was a blur!  If you were there, you probably know why! haha o-well, at least I had a great time!  There was good food, dancing, drinks, pictures and toward the end of the night, tears.  I never wanted that night to end!  My parents gave us most wonderful and beautiful wedding I could have ever imagined!











Here we are three years later and we have a nice home, one cat (RIP Otis), one sweet dog, and a BEAUTIFUL little baby!  Today, I love my husband more than the day I married him.  I didn't know it would be possible, but through all the ups and downs we have become stronger and I love him more each day.  We met over 7 years ago and my life has never been the same!  Happy Anniversary Steve!

And because I can't help myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment