Friday, March 28, 2014

Alexis is 2 weeks old today!

My sweet little love bug is 2 weeks old today!  I had ever intention of writing more over the past few days, but time was not on my side!  There were so many things that happened or that I thought of that I wanted to make sure I wrote about because I didn't want to forget, but life happened and guess what?!?!  I FORGOT!  ugh

Earlier this week mom and I took Hud and Alexis to the pediatrician.  Alexis needed her weight checked and Hud was sick.  It ended up working out well to get them both in at the same time.  Anyway, at that appointment we found out that Alexis had gained back all of her weight and was exactly 7 lbs 3 oz (her birth weight).  She is doing so good!

At two weeks old, Alexis has met/exceeded her birthweight.   She is a great eater!  She sleeps completely through the night and eats about every 3 hours during the morning/afternoon.  In the evenings, right before bed, Alexis starts cluster feeding and will eat every hour from about 7-10.  The trade off though is that she then has a FULL little belly and sleeps ALL NIGHT LONG!

Did I mention what a good sleeper Alexis is!?!?!  She came home from the hospital sleeping for longer stretches at night and her daddy and I couldn't be more thankful/appreciative!  She has let us get plenty of rest.  Now, at two weeks Alexis will sleep from 11-5:30am!  WE HAVE THE BEST BABY ON EARTH!  Oh, and she rarely cries either.  We really hit the jackpot here!

At two weeks Alexis:

  • Is awake and alert a lot more throughout the day
  • She tracks me with her eyes
  • Wears newborn clothes still
  • Wears NB diapers (but we weren't expecting this so we didn't buy a lot of them so she is transitioning into size 1)
  • Still has a full head of hair and LOVES bows!  :)
  • Has been on many outings (park, downtown, Tom&Chee, Target, meijer, babies r us)
  • Doesn't really care for her pacci
  • Doesn't like to be swaddled anymore.  She likes to be wrapped up from the chest down but wants her arms free.
  • Sleeps in either the pack n play or rock n play sleeper.
  • no longer has her bellybutton stump
  • has had to have her nails filed twice because they just keep growing
  • makes lots of little noises
  • LOVES to be held

Alexis we love you so much and are so happy you are here.  I don't know what we did without you.  Thank you for being such a great baby.  You have changed our world for the better and everyone who meets you falls head over heals for you and your sweet, happy self.  I am cherishing every minute because I know that all too soon this precious phase will be over.  WE LOVE YOU LEXI!

No comments:

Post a Comment