Sunday, March 9, 2014

Our LAST weekend as a family of 3

Now that we have a date in place (she could come sooner), things seem to be hitting me HARD!

I am over the moon excited that in 5 days I will get to meet my daughter.  I am beyond thrilled that our little family will be complete (more than likely).

BUT....I am a sentimental person and everything seems bittersweet right now.  This is our last weekend that I am ONLY a mommy to a perfect little boy.  This is the last weekend we will be a family of three...  Then the tears start to fill my eyes!  I love this life we have created for ourselves.  I love the family I have.

Steve and I wanted to make this LAST weekend special before our worlds are turned upside-down.  I wish I would have taken pictures....

Friday we did a lot of playing.  I took Hudson to the park and hope to again this afternoon when he wakes up.  Saturday, we all went to the zoo!  Hudson had so much fun!  It was awesome!  He was so excited to see all the animals and did a great job walking the whole way.  After his nap we went to church then stopped by DQ to get ice cream!  After dinner we spent the rest of the night cuddling and watching TV.

I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and perfect son (and daughter).  As this weekend comes to an end and countdown to Alexis' arrival continues, I can only hope I take the time to cherish every moment and enjoy the laughing, cuddles, routines of life, and baby kicks.  As I said before, things are changing and I can either fight it or embrace it and I'm sure hoping to do the later.

No comments:

Post a Comment