Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Surprise Baby Shower and lots of tears!

I didn't sleep much last night.  Can you imagine why?!?!  I think I'm just stressing about everything from Alexis to delivery to how Hud will deal with all the new changes in our family.  So, this morning I had bible study and I was just tired and behind.  Everything seemed to be taking me 10X longer than it should.  Hudson was really sweet and cooperative though so that really helped.  He even said "mom, you look pretty mom" when I was trying to get him changed and ready to go.  It nearly brought me to tears (hormonal much).

I'm usually really early for bible study but got there right on time today.  Hud went right to his room and was excited to play with all of his friends.  He doesn't cry at all anymore!  LOVE THAT KID.  Anyway, I get to my room and I see that our table is all decorated with a pink tablecloth and flowers.  When I got closer I saw gifts, cupcakes, and flowers.  I thought to myself this must be for someone's birthday and made the comment that the table looked so pretty.  Thats when all the ladies at my table got up and gave me a hug and told me it was a surprise shower for me!  I burst into tears right there.

When we moved to Louisville, I felt so alone.  Not really knowing many people was really hard, but these women in this group became my lifeline.  I looked forward to seeing them every week and have really enjoyed getting to know all of them.  Their kind gesture today meant more to me than they will ever know.   Words can't describe how loved I felt.  After bible study, all the women at my table put their hands on me and prayed.  They prayed for a smooth delivery, a healthy baby, for an easy transition for hudson and us too.  It was beautiful and something I never want to forget.  Alexis got so many sweet gifts and I even got a Costco and Starbucks gift card.  Im sure Ill have no problem using those!  haha

The rest of my day has just been extremely sentimental.  I have cried a lot thinking about everything that is going to happen in the next 48 hours.  What is causing me the most stress is Hudson.  I keep thinking about how his world is about to be rocked and I just melt.  Tomorrow is the last day Hudson will be an only child.  yep, there goes the tears....  ugh  I talked/cried to Steve about it and he has really helped calm me down.  He isn't scared or nervous at all.  He says he is just so excited for Alexis to get here and to have our family all together.

Steve has really stepped up and been my rock.  He has helped calm me down and made me feel like the most important woman on earth.  I love him so much and am so thankful God put him in my life.

To Hudson,

Your daddy and I love you more than words can say.  You will always be our first born and you will always hold a special place in our hearts.  I pray that you adjust to no longer being an only child well.  We love you so much and that will never change.

To Alexis,

Hurry up and get here already!  haha WE ARE ALL SO EXCITED TO MEET YOU!  I am so anxious to finally see and hold the little girl I have felt for months.  There is so much anticipation in the air we can almost taste it.  Your daddy, brother, and I love you so much and pray that you come into this world healthy and safe & sound.  We love you so much!

In a little more than 24 hours we will be headed to the hospital to meet Alexis Grace.  I am so EXCITED!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment