Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Never a dull moment...

Today I had a hair appointment.  The lady I go to is just over an hour away, so Hud and I left early this morning.  About half way there I started smelling something weird in the car.  It wasn't the familiar poop smell, but more of food.  I was driving and thinking how it reminded me of daycare.... peas and carrots maybe... After a while I looked back in the rearview mirror only to find Hudson making a horrible face.  La La Laaaa ...did a double take and realized there was nasty vomit all over him!  The poor kid had silently puked up all his breakfast and wasn't even crying.  Suddenly that weird food smell made sense.  Thankfully there was a rest stop near by so I pulled off the highway and tried to clean Hudson off with baby wipes.  He cried and kept telling me it was "too cold mommy".  It really was.  I didn't bring any extra clothes for this little trip.  Hud hasn't needed them in forever, so it seemed pointless to pack all the extras.  Hummmm......  Hindsight is 20/20  Hud never gets sick and they only time it has ever happened before was when he was playing on Steve's iPad in the car.  He was doing the same thing this time, so I think it's safe to say Hud gets carsick just like his mama.

We arrived in town about 30 minutes early for my hair appointment so I sped to Target to get Hud some new clean clothes to wear.  I had to change him in the trunk of our van because the Target we were at didn't have a restroom at the front of the store and they wouldn't let me take my purchased items to the back of the store.... UGH

Hud was sooo good during my hair appointment.  I think he was still a little shaken from getting sick in the car.  I was so proud of him and how well behaved he was.  Everyone was telling me how cute he was and what a sweet boy he is/was.

After my hair appointment we went to visit some friends.  Hudson played and loved seeing his girlfriends.  :)  We stayed there for a couple of hours before heading home.  One the drive back, I got the phone call from my doctor's office letting me know my 3 hour glucose test came back NORMAL!  YEA!  NO GESTATIONAL DIABETES for me!  WOOO WOOOO  I couldn't be happier!  Hud watched Mickey Mouse Club House on the way home and was completely content.  Life is/was good!

When we were 20 minutes away from our house I got a phone call from Steve telling me he was home and that one of our pipes had burst in our garage....  It wasn't leaking when I left this morning, but by the time Steve got there, the whole garage was covered in water and water was just shooting out of the broken pipe!!!!  The best part was that he couldn't find anyone to come out and fix it until FRIDAY!

Yep, we are currently without water.  I did find a plumber who said they would be able to come out tomorrow (Thursday) night.  I guess with the seriously cold weather we have been having the past few days, lots of people were having the exact same issue we were/are.  SO MUCH FUN!

Steve, Hud and I ventured to Walmart tonight to get 6 gallons of water.  Now we can make coffee, wash our faces, brush our teeth, and flush toilets.  :)  I like to think of this as camping indoors.

No running water=camping!

Anyway, it has definitely been an interesting day.  A lot has happened.  I am exhausted and can't wait to have running water again.

GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment