Monday, January 13, 2014

31 weeks pregnant with Alexis Grace

Remember how I said time seemed to be going by so fast?  Well, I think we have S L O W E D down....  FINALLY!  I feel like I am getting things done again and that everything is under control.  With that being said, sometime in the past week I crossed the line from feeling perfectly good to feeling really pregnant.  It is hard to explain other than "uncomfortable".   My stomach feels heavy and just seems to be putting a lot of pressure on my bladder and stretching my skin.  I am also having a harder time catching my breath as Miss Alexis grows.  It's really hard to explain but I feel "agitated, antsy, fidgety, and frustrated"  all at the same time, for no good reason.  Today I feel better than I have the past few days though, so that's always good.

Alexis is kicking and rolling around a lot and it is really fun to feel her.  Sometimes, if I put my hand on my stomach at just the right time, I feel what seems to be an arm or a leg then a bottom before she rolls to a new position.  I can't even imagine how squished she must be in there.  I'd be rolling around trying to get comfortable too if I were in such a cramped space for so long!

This past weekend was blah.  Poor Hudson caught some virus and was sick all weekend.  He was grumpy and in a funny mood Thursday and Friday morning.  Friday, after his nap he woke up with a fever around 102.5.  He was super cuddly and sweet (that's how I know when he's really sick), and burning up.  I gave him a bath to try to cool him off and started alternating Tylenol and Motrin.  His fever continued to hover between 102-103.5 all night.  Being the neurotic mother that I am, I was up late with him, then woke up (yes I set my alarm) every two hours to check on him and take his temperature.  I was so paranoid that his fever would spike and need to go the the ER (it's happened before).  Thankfully it didn't, but because Hud was still hot in the morning we made a fun Saturday morning trip to the pediatrician.  They tested Hud for the flu, but concluded that it was just a virus and that it should pass shortly.  

We spent a lot of time this weekend watching TV and cuddling with our little guy.  :)  I'm not complaining at all.  All that couch time let me do some on-line shopping for Alexis and Hudson.  Have I ever mentioned how much fun it is to shop for little kids?!?!?  Well, it is!

Hud is feeling all better this morning, Steve is off to work, and I'm feeling ambitious today.  Here is what I hope to accomplish at 31 weeks:


  • Go to Hobby Lobby and check out picture frames and decor for Alexis and Hudson's rooms
  • Find some train, car, and/or airplane pictures to frame for Hud's room
  • Start packing a hospital bag for the big day and get a plan together for who will watch Hud.... while we are at the hospital
  • Clean the house really well (baseboards, windows, cabinets)
  • Reorganize the kids bathroom
  • Get my Blog book ready to print for the 2013 year
  • Work on photo albums starting in 2011.... ugh I need to do better keeping up with this


No comments:

Post a Comment