Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year! 2014 here we come!

If you are curious as to what our 2013 NYE plans were, well here ya go!

We seriously considered getting together with another couple/family for a dinner party, but after all the Christmas fun we had, we decided to stay in.  :)

Steve got home from work a little early, then we made a fantastic dinner!  We had beef filet, mashed potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts, crab cakes, and rolls.  It was amazing!  Steve got to use his new grill and was so excited!

After dinner we had hours of family time :)  Hudson got to play with all his new toys!  We bowled in our basement and there was even a sward fight.  Steve is so good with Hudson.  It was so funny watching them play and chase each other.  I tried to play swards with Hud, but he took it out of my had and said "No, daddy play".  haha  What can you do?!?! I wasn't even sad when he said it.  I was so thankful he LOVED his daddy so much.  When it was time for Hud to go to bed, I overheard them on the monitor.  Steve and Hudson prayed together.  They were thanking God for everyone in our lives (including pets) and for all the blessings He has given us.  Then there was a story and even a song.  I sat on our bed listening and crying. Hearing Steve patiently talking to Hud the way a parent should talk to a two year old and hearing Hud's high pitched sweet voice respond to every question and share what was on his mind was the most precious thing I have ever heard.   It was such a beautiful moment and I'm so glad I was able to witness it.  Truthfully, it made me fall even more in love with my husband (didn't know that was possible).

Anyway, Steve and I watched some TV and started watching the NYE festivities but being 30 weeks pregnant (almost) and exhausted I passed out!  haha  Steve woke me up when the countdown started (bless his heart) and I went strait to bed as soon as we kissed at midnight.

Exciting right?!?!?!

New Year's Day we planned on relaxing, but ended up putting all the Christmas decorations away and cleaning.  It was a good day.  :)  I love having a clean organized home.  For dinner Steve grilled the most amazing chicken and we had tomatillo ranch chicken sandwiches on pretzel buns.  SOOOO GOOD!  After dinner we did FINALLY get to relax and Hud got to burn off energy playing.

It was a wonderful way to ring in the new year!

We decided 2014 will be the year for:

  • Making family a priority
  • Strengthening our marriage
  • Getting healthy and in shape
I would like to also work on living in the present instead of always focusing on the future.  There is so much to be thankful for and I need to work on recognizing all the blessings in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment