Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas 2014

Our Christmas started the Friday before Christmas.  That is when we (Steve, Hudson, and I) celebrated Christmas Eve!  Steve's gift arrived around 5:30pm (way later than I thought).  We cooked a fabulous dinner (filet, baked potato, broccoli casserole, rolls...) to which Hudson said "I need oatmeal"!  haha  O-well.  Two year olds are hard to please.  After dinner we watched The Grinch, Steve read Hudson The Night Before Christmas and Hud went to bed.  THEN THE WORK BEGAN!  Steve and I put out all the gifts and put together Hudson's trampoline!!!  Being one of Santa's elves is hard work!

Being one of Santa's Helpers really made me appreciate all the WORK my parents did to make Christmas special for my sister and I growing up.  I never realized all the planning, scheming, story telling, and just plain work it took.  Shoooo  It is totally and completely worth it though!



Christmas morning I got up around 5:00am to put the french toast casserole in the oven and get everything ready.  Hud opened all his gifts and LOVED everything.  He enjoyed them even more than I could have imagined!  Steve got his BIG SURPRISE too!!!!  He got a new grill!  Steve loved it and was totally surprised.


I got some nice gifts from Steve as well!  I am one lucky woman!

Saturday afternoon we went to Steve's side of the family's Christmas celebration.  At first it was at his aunt and uncles house then we went back to his parent's house.  Hudson was overloaded with awesome gifts and enjoyed playing with his cousins.





Sunday we went to my parent's house.  My sister Jess is in from Los Angeles for Christmas!  We had a wonderful visit!  We went to two church services, one on the 23rd and the other on Christmas Eve.  On the 24th Hudson (my mom, sister, and I) made a gingerbread house.  Hud enjoyed tasting all the candy!  :)  We had a great dinner and opened family gifts.  It was so weird, because we completely forgot a lot of family traditions.....  blah!  I was a little emotional once I remembered that we didn't put out milk and cookies OR read The Night Before Christmas (GRANDPA).   Realizing this is Hudson's last Christmas as an only child, I wanted everything to be perfect.






Christmas morning, Hudson woke up extremely early and we spent the whole morning opening gifts.  We usually go to Northern Indiana to spend Christmas with my dad's side of the family, but my grandma wasn't feeling well so the get together was canceled.  This was the first Christmas in my whole life that we didn't go anywhere.  It was very relaxing and it allowed Hudson to play with all of his toys ALL DAY LONG!









No comments:

Post a Comment