Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Doctor Visit & 3 Hour Glucose Test....

It is 9:15am.  I have officially been her at my doctor's office for an hour and a half.  I'm STARVING!

The nurse took me back for my first blood draw at 7:50am.  It ended up only being a finger prick!  I liked that a lot better than the full on blood draw.  Anyway my results for fasting glucose levels came back 1 point above where they like to see it, so we will see....

Right after the blood test, I saw my doctor.  She was pleased with how the baby and I are doing.  Alexis is measuring right on track and her heart rate sounded great.  She also said that my fasting glucose test results looked good.  It gave me hope.  My doctor also mentioned that this isn't necessarily something I have caused, but that the placenta and hormones associated with pregnancy have something to do with it.  It made me feel a lot better.

I don't drink any soda EVER, just mostly water, tea, and coffee.  I have a fruit and veggie smoothie almost every day.  I don't eat white bread but could probably switch to whole wheat pasta.  I don't eat a lot of red or fatty meats (usually chicken if anything).  I also don't sit around on by behind all day eating ice cream and candy.  So, to say I was a little shocked to hear that I failed the first screening is a bit of an understatement.  BLAH  Hopefully I will pas this three hour test and get to go on with my life.

Anyway, I had my 1st blood draw at 8:55am and was more than a little disappointed that it wasn't a finger prick like they had done earlier.  It was a big old needle in the arm and it was NOT FUN!

Only two more hours and two more blood draws to go....  I wonder why they didn't just insert one of those plastic things into my arm so that they didn't have to keep sticking me every hour.  That would have been nice.  O-well.

I should get the results within the next couple of days, so hopefully the news is good.

*****UPDATE*****
I got the results today 1/8 and everything came back normal!  YEA!!!!  I can't tell you how relieved I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment