Tuesday, January 21, 2014

32 weeks pregnant, adventures in potty training & a snow day!

As of Monday, I am 32 weeks pregnant with our beautiful daughter Alexis.  Except for the little hiccup last week (not moving and contractions) this pregnancy is moving along smoothly.  We are down to the single digits (8 weeks) until she arrives!!!!!!!  She is close to 4 lbs and doing well.  I can't wait to hold and kiss this beautiful child!  I love her soooo much already, it almost scares me how much I will love her when I can actually see and touch her.  All of the clothes I ordered for Alexis are starting to arrive (on-line shopping) and things are really starting to come together.  My hospital bag still isn't packed, but I will hopefully get to that in the near future.  :)  I have an appointment with my OBGYN on Thursday and am looking forward to getting all her stats and hearing her heartbeat.  Until then, I'll just enjoy the stretching and kicking from this little girl.

*********UPDATE******
The appointment went well.  The doctor says Alexis looks good, her heart rate is great, and all is well!  Mommy and baby are happy and healthy!
************************

Hudson is well into his second year of life and I decided it was time to introduce potty training.  He has shown absolutely zero interest up until now, but why not.  haha  We went to Barns & Noble the other day and picked out a few potty books and got out his brand new "big boy potty" that he received at christmas.  There are also numerous crazy little kid videos about using the potty on line.  Most of them are crazy weird, but there are a few that are funny and Hud seemed to like.  We have been watching those videos, reading books about how big boys use the potty and don't need diapers, and playing with his new potty.  Hudson really doesn't like to sit on his potty yet.  I don't want to force it, I just want to get him interested at least.  Hopefully he will catch on after reading these books and WANT to try to use it sometime in the near future.  We will see.  Again, this is not hardcore potty training yet....  hehe  It's just a "hey lets talk about how cool using the potty is so maybe you will try it" kind of approach.  I have no expectation that this will take off right now, but at least we are talking about it.  :)



The weatherman on TV said we would possibly get some snow early this morning....  They have been wrong a lot lately, so I was SHOCKED when I woke up to lots of beautiful white fluffy snow on the ground!  Steve even came home from work early so that he could play with Hud outside.  They had so much fun.  Hudson just loves the snow!  I had him so bundled up that when he fell, he couldn't bend enough to get himself up.  haha  LOVE THAT KID!








No comments:

Post a Comment