Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Starting to get the hang of this mom thing!


My little man snoozing!  We had a heatwave and our house was really warm... so Hudson had a naked (diaper) day!

Hudson is now in his fifth week of life and and we (I) am just now starting to "get it".  When he cries, he is either hungry, gassy, trying to poop, or needs his diaper changed.  If he is still fussy or just downright mad after feeding and changing him, then there is one way to calm him down...swaddling!  Who knew!?!?  Swaddling has been a life saver in our house!  He is sleeping day and night for anywhere between 2-5.5 hours at a time!  AMAZING!  It is true what they (everyone I talked to) say, if he gets his sleep during the day, he sleeps sooo much better at night!  This new revelation has done wonders for this moms sanity! After many very difficult weeks, I am really starting to get my confidence up about my ability to take care of my sweet little baby!


 Hudson "the hot dog" Farmer all wrapped up... Unfortunately, he wiggled out of this in minutes!  He can't get out of his new blankets though!

Hudson is still spitting up, but it is no longer a traumatic event even when it does come out his nose and mouth!  The Zantac really seems to be helping!  THANK GOD!!!!  It is such a relief that he is feeling better!

A friend from way back, who has a blog that I follow, mentioned that she watched the video "the happiest baby on the block" and that it really helped her baby (who is one day younger than Hudson).  We had the dvd, but just hadn't watched it yet... after reading the rave reviews we gave it a shot!  Anyway, Hudson had never really liked swaddling.  He would scream, cry, wiggle, and inevitably get out of it.   After weeks of no sleep we got new bigger light weight swaddling blankets and they are wonderful. They are so big that you can wrap and tuck and there is really no way our little Houdini can get out.  He still fights being swaddled at first, but will shortly give up and snooze!  I would recommend the DVD, blankets, and swaddling to any new parents out there! 

Now that Hudson is sleeping more (and is much happier) I am sleeping more and able to be productive during the day!  I'm also in a noticeably better mood!  Today, I vacuumed, went to the bank, and even made dinner!  It may not seem like much of an accomplishment, but for us, right now, it's HUGE!!!  O and I forgot to mention that we are slowly getting all our Christmas decorations and shopping together!  Only 40 days!!!



Yawn and stretch!

This past weekend Hudson got to meet his cousins Andrew and John (along with his Uncle Frank and Aunt Laura).  Hudson slept through most of the visit, but it was fun having them all together!  We don't get to see them all that often, but love it when they are here!  Speaking of family, my sweet cousin is going in to the hospital tonight to have her little boy, Landon!  We are so excited for him to get here!  I pray that he has a safe and speedy entrance into this world!  Hudson and Landon will be a little over 1 month apart!  I can't wait for Christmas when they will meet for the first time!  This is such an exciting time! 


11-15-11


Taken this morning!  What a happy little guy!


Today while I was feeding Hudson, he reached up and grabbed his bottle!  I thought it was adorable, so there is the picture capturing the precious moment!!!  swoon!

1 comment:

  1. I love following Hudson's new life!! What a handsome little boy you have Lauren!

    ReplyDelete