Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Little Pumpkin


My little pumpkin baby!  Happy Halloween!

We had more trick-or-treaters this year than any other year!  We had a grand total of 12 people!  haha  Last year we only had 1, so this was a big improvement! I only bought one small bag of M&Ms and we ended up having just enough!  I was a little nervous cutting it so close!  All the cute little neighbor girls came by and wanted to see Hudson!  Their parents even came up to the door because the little girls wanted to show off our baby!  It was really sweet!

In my book, Halloween is the official start to the holiday season!  According to my calculations there are 54 days until Christmas, and I couldn't be more excited!  I have started seeing commercials for Holiday Shops and what not!  It is awesome!  Now all I need is for my Christmas radio station to start playing Christmas music all the time!

Yesterday was off to a great start, but unfortunately took a turn for the worse.  Stupid mommy gave Hudson his vitamin D drops with out mixing it with milk first...  In my defense, no one ever told me to do that.  Anyway, about 5 minutes after giving him the drops, Hudson projectile vomited out of his nose and mouth EVERYWHERE!  Then, he started choking and gargling on phlegm that was caught in his throat.  I was suctioning, burping, patting his back...doing everything I could think of to help him breath!  Finally I called his pediatrician and was told to use saline drops to help break up the blockage then try to give him a little something to drink in hopes that he would swallow.  After attempting this for what seemed like forever to this panicked mama the screaming and tears stopped.  I felt so bad for my sweet little baby!  I will never make the mistake of giving him medication without mixing it with milk again!

He ended up spitting up a few more times and then was hungry and grumpy the rest of the evening... So, Hudson and I stayed up the whole night together.  He started calming down around 3, but was still very fussy so we didn't actually go to bed until about 6:00am this morning!  Today wasn't much better....  I feel so bad for Hudson.  I called the doctor today and all he wants us to do is up the amount of Zantac....If things aren't better by Thursday then we will have to go in.  My poor little baby!  This is just breaking my heart seeing him so upset!  This too shall pass...


Look how sleepy he is!



Isn't this just the most pitiful face ever?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment