Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My baby is 1 month old!


I can't believe my little chunky monkey is already 1 month old!  Yesterday (November 7,2011) came and went so fast!  Time is just flying here at the Farmer House!  Hudson has changed so much it is unbelievable!  Physically he has grown over 2 inches in length and is now over 10lbs.  We thought he would loose all of his hair, but it has only gotten darker and thicker.  He is awake a lot more during the day and really seems to track and follow people and things so much more.  He has more control over his movements and doesn't look as spastic.  I would say he has gotten more predictable, but every time I think we have a routine down, everything changes!  haha He is usually sleeping for 2.5-3 hour chunks at night (but not always).  Hudson's reflux issues seem to be getting better too.  Hudson doesn't mind bath time, in fact he seems to like it!  He still loves to cuddle (I hope that never changes)!  Hudson is completely out of newborn clothes and is wearing 0-3 months comfortably.  He is also wearing size 1-2 diapers (size 1 fits well, we just had diaper cakes made of size 1-2 and didn't want to open a new box of diapers without using what was already open).  He smiles more and really looks at you when you are in front of him.

We are just so in love with our little man.   I am so thankful God chose us to be Hudson's parents.  While this past month has been difficult and challenging, I wouldn't change it for anything.  Every day is better than the one before.

Hudson had his first road trip to Indiana this past weekend.  He did great!  The trip is 3.5 hours and we sopped half way through to feed him.  We took our Honda Accord and it became crystal clear that in the future we will be needing a bigger vehicle.  It was a little cramped in there with Steve, me, Hudson (in his car seat), Aunt Jessica, and Sadie (our spoiled little dog), PLUS all our luggage and baby gear!  Ahhhhhh!!!  Sadie sat up in the front seat next to Steve, while Jessica, Hudson, and I sat in the back.  Things will definitely need to change...

Also this past weekend was my 26th birthday!  It is funny how having a baby that is only 1 month old is so consuming that you almost forget about everything else.  Except for the cake, it was just another day (and I'm ok with that).  Steve and I decided that we would not be giving gifts to one another for our birthday's, Christmas, or our anniversary this year because we redid our kitchen.  However, Steve surprised me and got me a gift card to a local spa.  He told me how thankful he was for me and how I have been taking care of our baby.  He said he knew how exhausted I was and that I needed/deserved some me time!  How thoughtful is that!?!?!  I am so excited to be able to go and relax for a few hours!  I made the appointment for this Sunday and can't wait!  This also gives Steve and Hudson some father/son time.  Steve is such a good husband and daddy.  I'm the luckiest woman on earth!


Hudson 1 month and 1 day old.  No, he can't hold his head up yet.  I just have it propped up.


Hudson doing his tummy time.  He usually does really well with it and is extremely strong.  This time though he decided to fall asleep!


This picture has no significance other than I think he is adorable.  Can you tell I'm in love with this little guy?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment