Monday, February 25, 2013

Perfect Little Moments

My absolute favorite thing about the weekend is getting to spend good quality time with my little family.  During the week we are busy working, running errands, cleaning, caring for Hudson....  But, on the weekends (sometimes) we get to slow down.  We actually get to relax together.  Some people may thing this sounds boring, but my all time favorite memories and moments are quiet, unexpected, completely perfect times with my husband and son.

This morning, when Hudson woke up, Steve went and got him.  He brought him into our bed to cuddle.  This has unintentionally become a tradition in our home.  I can honestly say this is my favorite part of the day.  Not because I'm in bed lounging around, but because it is time with my family.  Anyway, as Hudson was being carried into our room by Steve, he looks right at me with this big grin and says "HELLO"!  Ahhhh How could I possibly love anyone more?!?!  So Steve plops him down on the middle of the bed between us and he is just talking away.  He is laughing at the dog and getting (and giving) lots of kisses.  Then out of nowhere, he looks at Steve and his hand shoots out and he grab's Steve's nose and yells "NOSE"!  I was completely proud at this moment, because I have been working with Hudson on body parts for the past week or so.  A few seconds later Hudson jabbed Steve in the eye and quickly announced that in fact he had just poked Steve in the "EYE"!  We were all laughing and spent the next hour taking turns tickling and kissing Hudson, talking, and watching Hudson's every move.  Steve and I both agreed that Hudson is changing daily and that he is so amazing.

It was a normal, wonderful, beautiful, perfect morning.  It is a morning I want to remember for the rest of my life.

These moments are such blessings and make me think about life and what is truly important.  I was reminded by a friend recently that these beautiful moments will all too soon come to an end and that I need to enjoy every second.  Children grow up so fast that you hardly have time to sit and enjoy the good times while they are actually happening.   AND THAT IS WHY, I WILL TRY TO CHERISH EVEN THE "LITTLE" EVERYDAY THINGS.  Those are the things that are really meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment