Thursday, February 7, 2013

16 Months Old


At 16 months, Hudson has quite the little personality.  He knows what he likes and what he doesn't.  He knows what he wants, and he will let you know if he is displeased with you or a situation.  Hudson is a little clown!  I think he knows it too!  He loves getting us to laugh, and when he finds something funny...watch out!  Hudson will do whatever it is over and over again until it just isn't funny anymore.  It usually takes a day.  Then, the next day I will try to make him laugh with what was funny the day before and he just gives me this look like "Mom, that was soooo YESTERDAY"!  O... ok then!  I tried.

Hudson recently started shaking his head again.  He started doing it right around one year old.  I was worried at first (seriously), but after talking with his pediatrician, peers, and observing this quirky behavior, I have realized that (I think) he just likes to do it.  at about a year, he was learning how to say no, shake his head, and shake his little finger.  It scared me then because he didn't have the control yet and his movements could sometimes look jerky and a little spastic.  Of coarse I googled it and about a million possible and equally troubling possible causes popped up.  UGH!  Horrible idea.  Anyway, He stopped for a while, but now he is hearing "NO" a lot more and I think he's picking it back up.  The head shaking is usually either accompanied with or followed by him saying "no no no" and giggling.  It is no longer spastic and the movement is very fluid and controlled.  I don't know...  He is a funny little guy and I just love him sooo much!

Hudson's vocabulary is slowing growing.  It's so funny because when I say a phrase or a sentence, he might not be able to say all the words, but he will pick up on my tone and inflection, and he will copy me syllable for syllable.  haha  The boy has a good ear.  We are working on colors at the present time and he can say them (or his very close version to the name) but isn't connecting the color to the name yet.  It might still be a little early for that.  I'm not really sure...


Hudson LOVES figuring out how things work and fit together.  He gets so memorized!  He likes building and destroying.  Hudson's all time favorite toys though are daddy's iPand and mommy's iPhone.  We have a Micky Mouse Club House app on there that he has figured out.  He pushes all the right buttons and really enjoys to play it.  I am seriously impressed that he can work them so well.  Steve and I laugh, because he has been able to flip to screens we didn't even know existed!  Who knows, maybe we have a computer engineer on our hands. 





At 16 months Hudson:
  • is transitioning from a size 4 to a size 5 diaper.  They just seem to fit him so much better.
  • is transitioning from size 18 month clothes to size 24 months.
  • loves looking at books
  • making animal noises
  • LOVES watching Mickey Mouse Club House.  He really watches it now and sits there paying attention like a little human.
  • plays with Sadie and enjoys tackling and pulling Milo's tail.
  • has become pretty independent.  He can go down little slides all by himself.
  • is boycotting vegetables.
  • doesn't care as much for yogurt.
  • LOVES graham crackers a.k.a. "COOKIES".  Hudson gets all excited and calls them "kekes"
  • LOVES Mickey Mouse.  He has a stuffed Mickey that he carries with him and calls him "MeMe"
  • has really figured out the concept of splashing and thinks it is soooo funny.  He has almost grown out of his little whale tub!  :(
  • really understands what we are saying.  When we say "ok, lets go change your diaper", he will run to his room.  When we say "bath time", he will run to the bath room and try to climb in the tub!  haha  And at bed time we will say "OK, time to go night night" and he will say "nigh night" and run as fast as he can to his bedroom.  He really melts my heart.
  • Started saying "hello" as a greeting to others.  While at the store today, we passed a woman and Hudson turned to her, waved, and yelled "Hello".  She said it back to him and he got so excited!  HILARIOUS! 
  • Said my sister's name, Jessica, for the first time.  It came out "je-ka-ka".   Close enough!  So stinking cute!
  • When Steve leaves for work in the morning, the door will shut and he will call after Steve saying "bye bye da da"
  • He likes to turn the lights on and off and will say "lllliiiiii"  aka "light" while doing it.
  • LOVES the blow dryer.  
  • Says "BABY" when he sees another little kid or baby!  
  • is taking one 2 hour (give or take 30 minutes) nap daily and is not getting up much in the middle of the night.   
  • goes to bed between 7&8 every night and will wake up between 7&9 almost every morning.  
  • is playing peek-a-boo and actively participating!  He will cover his own face and then pull off the blanket AND say "p-boo".  Then laugh uncontrollably and do it again.  
  • is very sensitive.  If he gets scolded, he acts like his whole world is crashing down.  He cries and wants cuddled and loved on.  He will even cry if I make a sad face.  I try not to do that though, because seeing your son cry because he thinks you're sad or hurt is the most heartbreaking thing ever, and I mean EVER!
  • likes to tell me "No".  Sometimes he uses it the right way, but other times he just says it randomly.  So I don't get upset with him.  I don't think he fully understands the concept just yet.  However, it is funny when I say "Hudson, give mommy a kiss" and he starts shaking his head no and laughing....that always makes me feel good.  haha He will eventually lean in and give me a kiss, but I think he just likes torturing me! 
  • Finally seems to be over all of his sickness!  YEA!!!!
  • Has 6 teeth total poking through.  I think he is working on a few more though. 
  • likes to climb!  He is our little climbing monkey!  He will usually say "up" as he is climbing.  SMARTY PANTS


As you can probably see, we are 100% totally and completely in love with our baby boy!  He is surprising us every single day!  Just when I think it can't possibly get any better than this, it does.




Hudson,

Happy 16 month birthday!  I know I say it every month, but time is just going so fast.  I will say though that I honestly don't remember what or life was like before you.  In the short amount of time you have been with us, you have turned our lives upside down, and changed so much.  BUT  I don't know what we did without you.  It is like you have always been with us....weird right?  We love being your parents and thank GOD every day for picking us.  You are such a joy and a blessing.  We love you and look forward to every tomorrow.  This is the best adventure in the whole world.

Love,

mom and dad


How cute is he!?!?  I wanted him to look at me so I took the iPad away from him....BIG MISTAKE!  We had a little meltdown!




But...he soon found something else that entertained him!  Mommy's camera lens cover.  haha



I guess he was ready for me to STOP taking his picture...notice how he is putting the lens cover on my camera....

No comments:

Post a Comment