Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Indianapolis Children's Museum

This past weekend (I realize I start a lot of my posts like this) we went and visited my parents and sister for the first time sense Christmas.  It was wonderful spending time with them, celebrating my little sister's 25th Birthday & taking Hudson to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis for the first time.  I remember going there when I was little and how BIG and Awesome everything was.  I was pleasantly surprised that even though I am about 17 years older than I was the last time I went, it was still really cool.  I think the "grownups" had just as much fun at the Children's Museum as Hudson did!!!




This was the art or sculpture in the center of the museum that was 4 stories tall (I think).





This might just be the best face/reaction EVER!




Believe it or not, Hudson had a wonderful time!  This was just bad timing for a picture.






He was so brave.  There were so many other kids there, but he didn't care.  Hudson just got right in there, wiggling between two girls to get to the sand.  We were all dying laughing.  He is just so darn cute and sweet.




Jessica loved playing with Hudson and he loved having her around.


Grandma and Grandpa Smith


They had a playhouse for the kiddos and Hudson just loved it!  He thought it was great that there were lots of doors to open and close.







Hudson, me, Jessica, and Steve in front of a mammoth skeliton.


Father and son picture, photobombed by aunt Jessica.



Mommy and Hudson looking at dinosaur bones! 


TRAINS!!!!  Hudson loved watching all the trains going around the extensive tracks!  It really was fun.

Hudson had so much fun and was so exhausted  when we left that he immediately fell asleep in the car.  When we got home we had Ribs, BBQ chicken, french fries, coleslaw, and fresh bread for Jessica's Birthday Dinner.  I can't believe my baby sister is 25 years old already!  It is so weird to think that when I was 25, I was pregnant with Hudson and had him right before I turned 26.... CRAZY.  Anyway, I am so proud of her and who she has grown up to be.  She is so smart and funny and beautiful AND she has the most kind heart of anyone I know.  



This was the Birthday Cake Jessica insisted on making for herself.  It was delicious.  The cake was a chocolate and brownie layered cake with crumbled Oreos between the layers and chocolate moose for frosting.  AMAZING!

We stayed until Sunday at noon, then we headed back home so we could visit with Steve's family.  It just so happened that Steve's brother's family was in town for the long weekend, so we wanted to make sure we got to spend some time with them.  It defiantly wasn't as long as a visit as we would have liked, but at least we got to see them. 

We all met for dinner to celebrate Elitha's (Steve's mom) birthday.  Her birthday is next week, but because family was in town this weekend they wanted to celebrate it Sunday.  Hudson was just completely fascinated with his cousins.  They are so good to him and really help take care of him.  When he would drop something on the floor, they would rush to pick it up for him.  



This picture was taken of the cousins back Grandma and Grandpa Farmer's house.  Aren't they just adorable!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your cute little family had a blast at the Children's Museum! Me and my husband still love visiting Children's Museum's and Indy is still our ultimate favorite one!

    ReplyDelete