Friday, April 11, 2014

Alexis is FOUR yes, 4 weeks old!

My sweet little baby girl is 4 weeks old today!  It seems like so long ago that we were in the hospital on her birthday!  She is just the cutest thing ever!  It is crazy how much I love this little girl.  But, I'm not the only one Oooing and Ahhing over her.  The Grandparents, Steve, AND HUDSON all adore her.  Every time Hud sees Alexis he says "look at the cute baby" and rubs her little head gently.  He loves all the sounds she makes.  The other day he said that she was "quacking like a duck"!  Usually he just says "she is squeaking". 


We had family pictures taken this week!  That was fun because this was the first time we had pictures taken as a family of four (minus the hospital pictures).  I can't wait to see how they turned out!




It's so weird, because at 4 weeks postpartum I feel like I look a lot better than I did after Hudson was born, BUT non of my pre-pregnancy (or non pregnancy) clothes fit....  YES, I am still wearing either maternity pants (jeans) or my O-So-Comfortable Black Yoga Pants.  I didn't feel like I gained as much weight this time around, but everything seems to have shifted.  My hips are much wider now.  I don't know, maybe its just me, but my body doesn't want to "bounce back" as easy this time (not that it ever really got back to normal before).  I just hope I can pull off the sporty t-shirt and cropped leggins look most of the summer.   Don't even get me started on what I'm going to do about swimwear!  UGH 

I LOVE MY KIDDOS!  THEY ARE THE BEST!



At 4 weeks old,  Alexis:
  • Wears size 1 diapers
  • wears NB clothes, but could possible start to transition into some 0-3 months
  • sleeps really well most nights
  • started having tummy issues (gas) but we got some medication to help with that
  • Went to the zoo this past week for the first time
  • Is a very happy and easygoing baby
  • Can find her hair and sometimes tries to pull it out
  • gets her nails trimmed each week because they grow so fast
  • her hair is getting lighter
  • Makes all sorts of sweet noises to get your attention
  • HATES to be swaddled!!!! 
  • likes her pacci & Hud likes to put it shove it in her mouth....
  • Takes naps in her crib (sometimes)

No comments:

Post a Comment