Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sorry Alexis....26 weeks

Honestly I forget I'm pregnant half the time (as to why I haven't been doing weekly pregnancy updates)....  This pregnancy is just going so fast and the only times I remember I'm pregnant are when I get dressed and realize my clothes don't fit, when I'm sleeping at night (leg cramps, getting up to pee every two seconds, hip pain....), AND when Alexis moves.  All in all, this pregnancy is great though.  I have worried a lot less, slept more (and better) at night, and really enjoyed this go round.  Steve and I (and Hud) are really excited about Alexis and can't wait for her to get here and join our family!

One thing that has been on my mind is SIDS.  I remember when Hudson was born I was totally and completely terrified that he would stop breathing.  I would literally stay up and watch him day and night.  Looking back I should have slept when he slept, but I was just so freaked out that something would happen while I was asleep (and was so tired I couldn't guarantee I would be able to wake up).  As a first time parent I thought that all my fears would disappear once I had my little baby out and in my arms.  I thought that when Hudson was born and I could touch and care for him everything would be fine....  Birth brought on a whole new set of worries and fears that I never anticipated.

I have been doing some research on baby breathing and movement monitors for Alexis.  They vibrate and attempt to rouse the baby if it can't detect the baby breathing, then sounds an alarm to alert you.  I cant say for sure, but if we had this for Hudson when he was born I think/hope I would have been able to sleep (and maybe not have been the crazy hormonal sleep deprived mess that I was).  Anyway, I am still doing some research, but we may be purchasing this monitor to help give us peace of mind.

In other news, yesterday I scheduled a 3D/4D ultrasound!  We didn't do that with Hudson and part of me feels guilty for doing it for Alexis, but I have rationalized it that Alexis is more than likely our last baby AND we spent a lot more on furniture and gear with Hudson....  hehe I am so excited to see what our little girl looks like!  I will be 27 weeks.  Monday can't come fast enough!

At 26 weeks Alexis is just over 1 1/2 lbs.  She can see light and hear things outside my body!  How cool is that?!?!  I love feeling her kick.  She is most active at night and feeling her kick is such a great way to end the day.  Like I mentioned earlier, there have been no issues this pregnancy and I couldn't be happier.  If this pregnancy is any indicator of what  Alexis's personality will be like, we will be smooth sailing with an easy baby!  Check back a few months from now and we'll talk.  hehe  After Christmas I plan on finishing up both Alexis's room and Hudson's room.  There isn't too much left to do, it just needs to get done.

We are so thankful for our healthy little boy and growing baby girl!  Life couldn't get much better.





No comments:

Post a Comment