Wednesday, December 18, 2013

27 week doctor appointment and glucose test

After reading back at how traumatic this particular appointment was with Hudson I was really dreading it this time around.  Why is it you LOVE going to the doctor the first half of your pregnancy, then the second half it just stresses you out?!?!  Anyway, my appointment was at 8:50 this morning and I had to fast sense midnight.  I am so thankful Steve was able to stay home and watch Hud.  I can't imagine trying to haul a two year old to an appointment that involved lab work and an hour wait....

Everything went smoothly.  The glucose drink that everyone talks about really wasn't that bad.  With Hud I think I had the orange one that tasted like flat orange crush.  This time I had the clear one that tasted like flat sprite.  I didn't bother me then and it didn't bother me this time.  No big deal.  :) Having it cold really makes a big difference though.

When I saw the doctor, she said that Alexis is measuring perfectly and right on track.  She had a nice strong heartbeat and you could hear her hiccuping on the doppler.  haha  It was really funny.  My blood pressure was good at 105/54 and she said my weight looked good this time!  haha  Thank Goodness!

As I was checking out the lady behind the desk informed me that we needed to go ahead and schedule THE REST OF MY APPOINTMENTS!!!  WHAT?!?!?!  Starting now I go every two weeks, then in February every week.  Somehow making those appointments made this whole baby thing seem so much more real and not so far away!  Ahhhhhhh  mini freak out!

Now I just wait for the phone call telling me the results of the glucose test.  Until then, I plan on enjoying a nice peppermint mocha from Starbucks or Panera and watching Christmas Movies.  I know, I know caffeine is the devil.... blah blah blah.  My doctor told me one a day is just fine and with a two year old running around I don't think I could live without it!   IT KEEPS ME SANE!

All is well, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment