Monday, December 16, 2013

Alexis is 27 weeks today!

At 27 weeks Alexis is doing great!  She is always moving and kicking!  Alexis is about 2 lbs and 14.5 inches long (the size of a head of cauliflower).   She can open and close her eyes and suck her fingers (and toes).  It is amazing how much I love this little girl already!

At 27 weeks getting a good night sleep is getting more and more difficult.  I am having a lot more leg cramps and my hips are hurting so I'm having to change positions frequently.  Other than that I'm feeling great.  I have energy and am accomplishing a lot every day.  Thursday is my doctor appointment and dreaded glucose test.  Hopefully I haven't put on as much weight this month and don't have to worry about gestational diabetes.  blah  That would really suck, especially at Christmas! :)

To celebrate her 27 week milestone we went and had a 3D/4D ultrasound.  I feel a little guilty we didn't do this with Hudson, but I justified it because we spent more on Hud's furniture and I kept up better with his weekly progress.....  haha  Anyway, it was really cool to get a glimpse of what Alexis looks like!






It was so cute watching Alexis move and wiggle on the ultrasound.  She was all scrunched up and looked like a pretzel!  Her hands and feet were up by her face almost the whole time.  She even had her toes in her mouth a few times!  haha  We got to see her open and close her mouth and stick her tongue out!  How amazing is technology these days!?!?!  We (Steve, Hud, and I) loved this whole experience and are so glad we got to see our little girl.  The next few months need to go by fast.  I can't wait to kiss and hold this little cutie pie!

WE LOVE YOU ALEXIS GRACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment