Monday, December 9, 2013

Fun In The Snow & Santa


This weekend we were under a Winter Weather Warning.  We ended up getting some ice and snow.  It was beautiful, but it caused us to cancel some out of town plans and stay home.  To be honest, I LOVE days/weekends like this.  We spent the whole weekend doing fun Christmasy things.  I wrapped gifts, we went and looked at Christmas lights around the neighborhood (they looked even prettier covered in ice and snow), I made cookies, we watched tons of Christmas movies,  cooked a lot, played in the snow, AND Hudson got to see Santa!  Shoooo it was so fun!

I am so glad I have a creative husband!  We don't own a sled and believe it or not, our Walmart was completely out of them.  So, Steve came up with the idea of using an old laundry basket and spraying WD40 on the bottom (Christmas Vacation Flashback Anyone?).  Anyway, it worked really well and couldn't have been more perfect for Hudson!  He LOVED it!



We have a pretty steep driveway and it was the perfect "hill" to sled down.  Hud only tipped once (the first time) and after that he made it down to the bottom laughing all the way!






Look at that happy little boy!  He slid down the driveway about a hundred times!  Every time he would just squeal with delight! I would say his first time sledding was a huge success, even if it was in a laundry basket instead of a real sled.






After a while we let Sadie outside to play and she went crazy!  She ran in circles all over the yard and played.  Hudson got such a kick out of watching her run the stop and playfully growl and put her tail in the air.  She was so funny.




Steve found some icicles and showed hudson.  Hudson kept asking for the "popsicles" for the rest of the day.



Our neighborhood had a Holiday Party on sunday.  There were refreshments and the kids got to see Santa.  We had talked to Hudson about Santa and he seemed pretty excited to go see "Santa, Ho Ho Ho".  The Lodge looked so pretty and Hudson loved the cookies and punch.  He saw santa, waved, but didn't want to be left alone on his lap.  haha  Am I the only parent that thinks it's hilarious to see kids screaming and crying on Santa's lap?!?!  We tried having Hud sit on Santa's lap, but after he cried we didn't force it.  We will try again next year.  :)  I have to say, Hudson is so lucky to have a dad that wants to and enjoys playing with him.  I am so thankful that Hudson and his daddy love each other so much.  They are Best Buds.












All in all, I would say this was pretty much the most perfect weekend ever.  I enjoyed absolutely every single second.   I LOVED being with my husband and son relaxing and playing at home.  We had so much good quality family time.  I couldn't ask for anything more.  :)






Who is the adorable little boy and where is my baby?  I can't believe how much Hudson has changed from last year to this year.  I am so in love with this little stinker.  He is funny, sweet, polite, compassionate, ornery, fearless, and has a little temper.  haha  I couldn't be more thankful that God chose me to be his mom.  I am the luckiest woman on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment