Tuesday, September 3, 2013

12 weeks with baby #2

Today marks 12 weeks and boy am I excited! 

I mentioned before that this pregnancy was very different from my first.  I am so thankful that for the past week I have started feeling a lot better.  My insomnia is getting better, as is my "morning sickness".  I haven't thrown up in a few days!!!  I still gag (a lot) but we are headed in the right direction and that's all that matters!  My energy is coming back and I couldn't be happier about that!  Hudson is happier too because I can give him the attention he deserves and needs.  Because I am feeling more spunky, I started exercising again!  I am trying to walk for at least 30-60 minutes most days, stretch, push ups, squats, and do calf raises. 

Emotionally, I think I'm much more stable than I was when I was pregnant with Hudson.  I don't feel like I have major mood swings and can keep my emotions in check (for the most part).  :)

At 12 weeks:
  • Baby #2 is the size of a plum.  That's not very big, but I am already noticing that I can't sleep on my stomach very long without getting super uncomfortable.  Thank goodness for pillows.
  • Every once in a while I think I feel a little flutter, but I am not 100% sure it's the baby.  So, Ill say its not until I know with out a doubt.
  • I wear a mix of normal and maternity clothes.  I am on the hunt for cute maternity jeans and am thinking this weekend would be a great time to go shopping!  Poor Steve....
  • I look pregnant sometimes, but other times I look pretty normal...  I think it's mostly bloat, so I don't think I'm really showing yet.  I hope I don't for at least a month because I'm in a wedding in a couple weeks and would really like to not have to tell everyone....
  • I don't really have any cravings right now, but sweets are not appealing (well, sometimes they are).  Maybe that means we are having another boy?!?!
  • I haven't done any shopping or begun preparing in any way... such a slacker.  I have started "thinking" about names, but haven't come up with anything I'm in love with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment