Monday, September 9, 2013

13 weeks with baby # 2

This week baby 2 is the size of a peach! 


I went to the doctor today and had an ultrasound done.  I was supposed to be getting genetic testing (ultrasound, exam, and labs) but things just didn't work out so I got to see the baby, but couldn't get the test.  First my bladder was not full enough, then it was too full, then the baby was just not in the right position to get the measurements needed for the test.  O-well.  At least I got to see how adorable this baby is!  He/She was sucking his/her thumb, kicking, and rolling over.  Soooo sweet!

 baby sucking his/her thumb
 profile view
I tried to flip these pictures around, but ever time I uploaded them they went back to this. 

Anyway, the baby's heartrate was a healthy 148.  Everything looked great and our due date is still March 17th.  I don't know if I agree with the date, but we will just have to wait and see.  I was hoping to get a good shot of the baby's goods, but there wasn't a chance we were going to be able to guess gender.  This baby was all wiggels today. :)

Right now, if I had to guess, I would say it is a boy.  I say that because I'm not really creaving sweets, the heart rate was in the 140's and I don't know.  Just a gut feeling.  Hopefully in three weeks we will know for sure.  I can't wait to find out.  Then we can really start preparing.

This week I feel great.  I'm not vomiting anymore and the neasua has lessened.  My energy seems to be rising.  Those first few weeks are the hardest, but after that (fingers crossed) it will be smooth sailing.

O, I really like my doctor.  Dr. Michele Johnson.  She was so nice and outgoing.  I am going to request that she be my doctor and the one I see throught the rest of this pregnancy.  I was really having second thoughs about the practice and hospital toady, but as soon as I talked to Dr. Johnson all my concerns went away.  YEA for peace of mind!

I'm sleeping so much better now.  I still toss and turn, but I'm able to go right back to sleep.  I have also noticed that my dreams are becoming more disturbing and more vivid.  I don't like that one bit.  Last night I woke up in tears, shaking, and sweating from a horrible nightmare.  It's so werid how pregnancy can affect so many aspects (like dreams).



No comments:

Post a Comment