Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Change

March 27, 2013

This won't be posted for a while, but I still wanted to make sure to account for all that is going on right now in our lives...

It all started a few months ago.  Steve heard about a position opening up in another city.  We began praying and discussing all the possibilities, pros, and cons.  There was so much to consider.  On the one hand:

  • Steve has lived in Lexington his whole life and he still has a lot of family here.
  • I have lived here for the past...8 years!
  • After years of searching, we finally found a Church we are in love with (the people, teachings...).
  • Most of our friends are here.
  • Hudson's friends are here
  • This is where Hudson was born
But on the other hand
  • This would be a good opportunity for Steve
  • This would be a fun and exciting adventure for our little family of 3
  • we wouldn't be too far from family
So, Steve decided to apply.  He got the job (I'm not surprised.  He is such a hard worker.  I'm so proud of him)!  We found out about 2 weeks ago.   Sense then, life has just been a whirlwind of crazy!  We contacted our realtor (the same ones who sold us the house we live in now).  They are amazing by the way.  I would highly recommend them.  Roger and Chrystal Browning of Four Seasons Reality.  Last weekend we took a road trip to check out the area and different neighborhoods.  We found quite a few houses we were interested in, so the following day Roger scheduled some showings.  We crossed a lot off our list, but liked one and LOVED one house.  After a long discussion we decided to put an offer in on the house we LOVED on Monday (the day after we saw it).  We heard back immediately saying that there was another offer on the table and we needed to come back with our best and final offer.  UGH  I was/ am completely stressed about this.  A good friend of mine reminded me though that God is in control.  He already has a house picked out for us.  That was so reassuring and really helped me calm down.  It was exactly what I needed to hear.   

The Best and final offer had to be submitted by both bidding parties by today at 1:00pm.  We just submitted ours about an hour ago.  Now we are at the mercy of the seller.  Neither Steve nor I got much sleep last night.  We talked and prayed a lot about the situation and I think we are at a point where we will be comfortable whatever the outcome is.  Don't get me wrong, we will be disappointed, but not devastated. 

That brings us to NOW!  I have been busy cleaning and getting our house ready to sell.  Decluttering is easier said than done.  My house wouldn't be cluttered if there was more storage space to begin with....Yesterday I spent most of the day painting all the doors and trim work.  What fun What fun!  haha  Tonight our realtors are coming over to list our house and take pictures. 

I can't believe this is actually happening.  It is happening so fast!  As much as I am ready to move from this house (more space), I will miss it.  This was OUR first home.  It was/is a happy home and many great memories have been made here.  I have been praying for the future owners of this house.  I pray that they will love this house as much as we have and they they make wonderful memories here.  I pray that God protects them and that they are happy here.  

It's funny, because window shopping for houses is  A LOT different that actually house shopping.  It is a bunch of work.  They make this whole process look so easy on TV....  It doesn't help that I have a sweet little one year old who wants lots of attention and follows behind me as I clean and undoes all my hard work.  I feel like a subpar mom this week.  :(  Hudson has been so good through this whole process.  He has had to entertain himself quite a bit and gotten to watch lots of TV the past few days.  He hasn't fussed much and is just so sweet.  I love him so much.  

Things I'm praying for through this process:
  • Thankful for the opportunities God has giving our family
  • That Steve is able to be successful at his new job
  • That God guides us to the right neighborhood with lots of kids for Hudson to play with
  • That we will have good future neighbors who we can be come good friends with
  • For new friendships
  • For God to lead us to a new church
  • That we will be happy in our new home/neighborhood (wherever that may be)
  • That God uses us to glorify Him in all that we do

No comments:

Post a Comment