Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Crossroads

A lot has been going on around here.  Mainly visiting family, Thanksgiving, Family pictures, Christmas, Christmas lights, and celebrating...  BUT  I haven't been writing anything about it or putting up pictures.  Why?  Because I'm peeved!  I got a message from google I guess, saying that I was out of space for pictures, but I could purchase more for a monthly fee (that was my understanding anyway).  It wasn't a whole lot, but it's just the principle...  Other people I know who also blog, got the same message, the same day! 

So here we are.  I desperately want to continue to document our lives and Hudson growing up WITH PICTURES, but am just so frustrated.   I know by putting this off, I'm really only "hurting" myself.  ugh!

I print off the blog every couple of months, but it has turned into mostly pictures with captions and a few stories now and then.  So, I was thinking about just using something like SNAPFISH and Word to compile memorable photo books.  We will see. 

~*~*~*~*~

Where has the time gone?  IT CAN'T BE DECEMBER ALREADY?!?! 

I have been really excited about CHRISTmas this year.  Hudson is one, and is at such a fun age.  I think he is really going to enjoy it.  So, I have been out getting mostly little things hear and there along with some clothes for him to unwrap.  I want him to have lots and lots of things to unwrap, but not break the bank.  So, we are wrapping up a box of diapers, some clothes, and little cardboard boxes filled with bells or noisemakers (He LOVES opening and closing boxes and shaking them to make noise), along with a few toys he will really enjoy (Mickey Mouse Club House gear, Magnetic blocks, wooden blocks, a little train...). 

It's going to be fun, but I was reading a magazine I got from church the other day and read something that made me really question how I was going about this CHRISTmas season.  Mainly the article was talking about how we as Christians talk about how Amazing and Great God is and that Jesus is the ONE.  But around the Holidays, we take a celebration that is supposed to be about the birth of our GREAT and AMAZING Savior and bring in Santa, elves, and reindeer.  Why?  Because the story if Christ's birth just isn't BIG enough?  The article suggested scaling back and getting back to the heart of CHRISTmas.  It suggested getting rid of all things that took away from the real meaning (Santa, big gifts...) and being joyful and happy about the true meaning of the season.

We will NOT be getting rid of the tradition of Santa, but this article really made me look and where I was placing most of the emphasis of CHRISTmas.  I needed to reevaluate how much time and money we were spending on decorations and gifts.  We need to put the CHRIST back in Christmas.  I want Hudson to be able to enjoy the "magic" of Christmas, Santa and all.  BUT  I want to make sure that that is secondary to the birth of Christ.  Steve and I are going to do a better job remembering the true meaning of CHRISTmas and being a better example for Hudson.  

No comments:

Post a Comment