Sunday, November 11, 2012

Decorating for Christmas!

Nothing EVER goes how I plan it.  If you know me at all, then you know that this drives me 100% CRAZY, because I am a big planner.  With that being said, today was one of those days, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

In my mind, I had Steve, Hudson &  I all huddled around our Christmas boxes excited to dive in and start decorating the house.  We would all be sipping hot chocolate and laughing as Christmas music played in the background.  O and we would be out of our minds happily decorating and humming to the tune of jingle bells for hours....  BUT, realty wasn't exactly like this.  In fact, it wash't even close!






The plan was to gather together as a family and do all the decorating and tree trimming on Saturday afternoon.  Unfortunately, we he a snag when our pre-lit tree wouldn't light and Hudson was getting tired.  So we put out some wreaths and candles and called it a day.






We attempted our Farmer Family Decorating Day again this afternoon (after making a trip to the store for the lights).  Hudson had taken his nap and we were all ready.  I put up the new lights and began putting on some ornaments.  When we showed Hudson the tree he was thoroughly unimpressed!  I could't believe it.  After we got about half the ornaments on the tree, something gave out and our tree started falling!  Thankfully Steve caught it.  The base had broken.  After THE most stressful and frustrating hour, we were up and running.  We ended up not putting all the ornaments on the tree this year.  Partially because as soon as we had fun things hanging from the branches (some with bells) Hudson began attacking the tree!  He pulled, grabbed and ripped anything he could get his little hands on... We are going to have to keep an eye on that little stinker.













While it wasn't the afternoon I had imagined, it was full of laughs and plenty of memories.  :)  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful little family.











It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!




















No comments:

Post a Comment