Monday, November 5, 2012

Best Birthday Ever

Yes, today is my 27th birthday!  I usually don't get overly excited about my birthday, but this year was exceptional.  Not only did I get to celebrate with my hubby, but I got to celebrate with my sweet little boy!  We usually don't make a huge deal of birthdays (we do cake, dinner, gifts...but nothing too crazy), but this year was exceptional!

It all started this past Saturday!  Steve decided that I needed to go ahead and open my gift from him early!  haha  We aren't good at keeping surprises a surprise in this house!  Steve got me a really thoughtful gift.  It was/is one of those single cup coffee makers.  I  love coffee and don't know what I would do with out it.  Needless to say we made and drank way too much coffee Saturday morning!   Then, Steve, Hudson & I met my parents in Louisville for a late lunch.  We ate at J Alexanders.  It was delicious!  We stayed for a long time after we were finished eating and just chatted.  Then we headed over to a nearby mall and walked around.  I got a new wallet and loose leaf tea (thanks mom and dad).  It was really nice.

Sunday was the time change, so that day was a mess.  I was out of it, completely unable to cope with the added hour.  It was the longest day ever.

Today, on my birthday I woke up to Steve brining me breakfast in bed.  How cute is that.  It was so unexpected and such a surprise.  Then I got lots of cuddles from Huddy Buddy.  Before I could even finish breakfast I got a text message from my mother-in-law telling me she dropped a gift off for me outside.  It was a beautiful necklace and earring set & a scarf I had wanted.  Already, this day was off to a great start.

I exercised and took a shower all before lunch!  Then I got the mail.  I had Birthday cards in the mail.  I love getting mail (real mail).  It is so fun.  When Steve got home from work he surprised me again, this time with a birthday cake!  I fell in love all over again with that man.  He was so sweet all day!  LOVE HIM.

I had the best birthday today!  I wasn't really expecting much, but it ended up being an extraordinary day!

No comments:

Post a Comment