Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween


It is amazing how different Halloween is this year compared to last year.  Last year, Hudson was a tiny newborn and I was deliriously tired.  I secretly wanted to skip Halloween altogether, but didn't because it was his 1st Halloween...  I honestly can't even remember if we had and or carved pumpkins last year.  This year, Hudson is running around and into everything.  I am tired but from chasing him.  We did get a costume this year and candy (not for Hudson, but for the 5 children that come to our house)!  That's a step in the right direction.  However, Steve and I were talking last night...  we really dropped the ball.  We have a pumpkin, but never carved it.  What is wrong with us?!?!  We are such slacker parents!  O-well.  NEXT year, we WILL take Hudson Trick-Or-Treating and Carve Pumpkins AND make a much bigger deal of Halloween. 

After realizing what a bad mom I was/am, I decided to dress Hudson up in his costume and do a mini photo shoot to remember this Halloween!  In my mind, it was all planned out and worked perfectly....  In reality, not so much.  Now that Hudson is walking/running it is nearly impossible to keep him still!  After over an hour of taking pictures, multiple fuzzy shots, and closed eyes...I have a grand total of about five pictures that actually turned out pretty good.  haha Hudson isn't too thrilled with his costume this year.  He HATES the hat, and would rather be naked. 







I was so excited that Sadie cooperated long enough to get some pictures too!  She is such  good dog and LOVES Hudson soooo much!  I tried to get Milo our cat in on the action, but he wasn't having any of that.  

Now for the outtakes: 

Not too sure about the pumpkin, so he pushed it away and...

took off!




My runaway pumpkin

Trying to escape!


Done sitting still








No comments:

Post a Comment