Sunday, October 7, 2012

1 YEAR OLD

Well, here we are.  It is already time to celebrate my little man's very first birthday!!!  This is so bitter sweet.  Words can't describe what I am feeling right now.  Here is a quick recap of the past year.















Dear Hudson,

I have been thinking about what to write you on this day (your first birthday) for months...  There are so many things I am feeling and thinking right now, but oddly enough it is really hard to put everything into words.  After looking back at what I had written down one year ago about everything leading up to your birth and the day you were born, I am simply amazed.  It is so funny to me that my original doctor left the practice the day before you were born.  AND it is crazy that on October 2nd I had decided to relax and be patient, but then you made your appearance later that same week.  It is funny how clueless we were about our last weekend before you came into this world.  WE HAD NO IDEA!  Then, you were born.  Your arrival rocked our world and changed our lives forever.  Since that day, you have been the center of our universe.  It scares me sometimes just how much I love you and what I would do for you.  I have LOVED getting to know you over the past year.  Even though we met only 365 days ago, I feel like I have known you forever and you have always been a part of my life.  I look at you and I see me and your daddy.  You have changed from this tiny helpless infant to an independent funny loving boy.  I love you.  As I write this the tears are filling my eyes and streaming down my face.  I never in a million years ever thought I would feel like this.  Only a mother can understand (and even then I bet it a unique feeling toward each child).  This year as gone by so fast.  Everyone said it would, and they weren't kidding.  There have been so many times over the past year that I have wished and prayed that time would stop or at least slow down. I LOVE BEING YOUR MOMMY!  Happy First Birthday my love!  You are a joy and a blessing in our lives and we are so excited about what the future holds for you!

I will love you forever,
Mommy

At One, YOU:
  • Walk really well on your own
  • know how to work your daddy's iPad
  • Are sleeping all night long (most nights) from 7am-7pm
  • Understand your name when we say it and can follow simple directions
  • Are very independent but still love cuddle time!
  • Have 2 teeth and are working on more.
  • Are eating 4 meals a day + nursing
  • Feed yourself Cheerios, fruits, and veggies
  • You LOVE to eat "REAL" food
    • greenbeans
    • plain baked potatos
    • grits
    • bananas
    • sausage
    • eggs
    • pork tenderloin
    • chicken
  • LOVE bathtime
  • Can put yourself to sleep at night (pretty well)
  • Enjoy story time (as long as it isn't too long)
  • LOVE to chase Sadie around the house.  You think she is so funny!
  • Like pulling the can's tail and petting him
  • Open every drawer and cabinet in our house
  • Are so happy and laugh all the time
  • Are wearing size 4 diapers still and are in 12-18 month clothes.
  • Can say mama, dada, uh-ooo, wow, nono, nono mama, and try to say a lot more.
  • You are so good at copying us and trying to imitate our words and actions
  • LOVE clapping your hands and can even wave, but only when you feel like it.
These are Hudson's stats at his 1 year old doctors appointment.  10-15-12


No comments:

Post a Comment