Monday, October 15, 2012

1st Vacation for our family of three!

Forgive me if I misspell a lot or don't make sense during this post...  I am exhausted.  My eyes are literally wanting to slam shut and my eyes are rolling back as I type.  I have Hudson sitting in front of the TV watching Mickey Mouse Club House ( I know, best mom move ever) so I can get this out before I forget everything.

We got home Saturday night after driving 11 hours straight through and I have yet to recover.   It is crazy how after having a baby, vacations aren't relaxing anymore.  They are spent entertaining and chasing a baby around all day and then at night, helping him sooth himself back to sleep because he is in a new place.  And don't even get me started on dining out... Keeping Hud under control and happy at a restaurant is a full time job at this age.  Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful family vacation spending time with one another and seeing the world through our son's eyes.  BUT RELAXING VACATIONS ARE A THING OF THE PAST (at least for now).  :)

A BEAUTIFUL sunrise we saw one morning


Friday October 5, 2012

Steve got off work early on Friday and we were able to leave our house around 3:00pm.  I had everything all packed up and ready to go.  We decided to leave at three so Hudson could run around all morning and after noon and he wouldn't have to be in his car seat awake all that long.  We stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner and had breakfast of coarse!  Hudson refused to eat his baby food that I packed so Steve and I gave him some of our dinners (grits, pancakes, sausage, and eggs).  He really acted like he liked it.  Until that point he really hadn't eaten much "real people food".  After dinner we got in the car and decided to go until Hudson couldn't take it any more.  Then we would find a hotel and stay the night.  Well, Hudson fell asleep around 7:45pm and didn't wake up, so we drove....  We drove all night and got about 15 minutes from our Hotel for the week.  We had to stop at a Holiday Inn because we called our hotel and they were booked for the night.  We arrived around 2:45am exhausted and delirious and went to bed immediately after putting together Hudson's pack n'play.

Saturday October 6, 2012


Hudson woke up as he usually does between 6:30-7:00am and refused to go back to sleep.  So, Steve and I got up and headed down stairs in search of breakfast and gallons of caffeinated coffee.  :)  Around 9:30am we checked out of the Holiday Inn and made our way to the coast and our Hotel for the week (Ocean Isle Inn).  Steve's parents were already there and let us use there room to change into our swimsuits sense our room wouldn't be ready until 1:00pm.  We immediately made our way out to the beach with cameras to capture Hudson's first time seeing the ocean and feeling the sand and water.  It was priceless.  I have heard a lot of babies are timid and unsure about sand and the ocean, but not our little man.  HE LOVED IT and just couldn't get enough.  He walked, crawled, laughed, and even tried to eat the sand and drink the salt water!  Hudson also got his first experience in a "real" pool.  It was so fun to watch him splash around.

We have arrived


 

Hudson's first time feeling sand!


Looking at the ocean, taking it all in

In the Atlantic Ocean for the 1st time







Family Picture in the pool.  Hudson's 1st pool adventure

Steve's brother and his family arrived shortly after we did.  John and Andrew (Hudson's cousins) were so excited to see him.  They just adore Hudson.  The three of them played in the sand and pool all day. Steve's Uncle and Aunt also came for a few days.


Cousins playing at the beach.


Hudson passed out while he boys played with Bob and Sharon (family friends)

Andrew, Hudson, and John before dinner
Uncle John, the boys, Steve, and Frank
We at dinner at a local seafood restaurant.  Hudson ate a plane baked potato and hush puppies after refusing to eat his baby food again.  

Sunday October 7, 2012

1 Year Old Photo Shoot







Hudson loves walking on the beach AND loves the water!

There's my sweet happy boy!



Making a break for the water
Andrew, Hudson, & John



Big day for my BIG boy!  He passed out right on the beach.




Hudson's First Birthday!!!!   I had every intention of getting up early so I could be awake at the exact moment Hudson was born, but that didn't happen.  I was so tired from the lack of sleep from the past few nights that I just couldn't wake up!  Anyway, we spend the day on the beach and at the pool.  Steve's mom (Grandma Farmer) planned a little party for Hudson and even got him a cake!  I don't know too many babies who get to celebrate their first birthday on the beach with the ocean as the backdrop!  It was awesome.  Hudson got to open more presents from family and friends and got to eat a delicious chocolate cake.  It was such a nice party.

Hudson and his daddy

Our family playing in the pool

Grandma Farmer with her grandsons


The Birthday Boy wearing his crown



The rest of the afternoon was spent out by the ocean playing with shovels and buckets in the sand.  We ate dinner out at another good restaurant, but I can't remember where.  The week is kind of a blur.  All I know is that every where we went, EVERYONE made a huge fuss over Hudson. People kept telling me just how cute and sweet he was.  I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing that.

 




Monday October 8, 2012

Monday was chilly and rainy so the women of the family made our way to an outlet mall about 45 minutes away in North Myrtle Beach.  Hudson and I shopped until we dropped.  :)  I got some serious Christmas shopping done and after lunch we were ready to head back.  I don't think we did much else that after noon other than hang out at the hotel.  Later that evening we at at a nice restaurant called T Bonz.  It was delicious and the company was wonderful.  I love dinners that last a long time because everyone is laughing and having a good time.  Monday night we stayed up late after Hudson fell asleep and Elitha, Laura, John and I played a really fun game called ticket to ride.  John was surprisingly good at it!  I was impressed!  The men and Andrew were watching sports on tv and fell asleep long before our game was over!  I love playing games and wish we did it more often.

Tuesday October 9, 2012

It was still a little chilly on Tuesday but not as bad as Monday.  Steve and I were able to take Hudson and walk around the island.  Later that day we were able to go out to the beach. 

Hudson with his Great Aunt!


Wednesday October 10, 2012

After breakfast Elitha, Philis, Laura, Andrew, John, Hudson and I visited a neat store called Callahan's.  It was the biggest gift shop I have ever seen!  They even had a sections dedicated to only Christmas decor.  AMAZING!  I was in heaven. 




I got fudge, an ornament, some candles...  I could have spent the whole day there, but it was turning out to be a beautiful day so we headed back to the beach to spend time on the beach.  At sunset we took family pictures on the beach then headed to dinner. 












Thursday October 11, 2012

We went out to breakfast to George's Pancake House and enjoyed one last meal with Steve's Aunt and Uncle before they headed home.  We spent the whole day at the beach!  at 5:30pm Elitha, Laura, and I got manicures and pedicures.  Steve watched Hudson while I went and got pampered.  Then we met for dinner at Roberto's.  It was a delicious Italian/pizza restaurant.  After dinner we got ice cream.  THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD.














Friday October 12, 2012

It was a beautiful day at the beach and that is where we stayed.  For dinner we drove and hour to Wilmington, NC to eat at a restaurant called the Oceanic.  Our table over looked the beach and ocean at sunset.  BEAUTIFUL.  We were celebrating my sister-in-law's 40th birthday.  Hudson got to try pork tenderloin and ate more sausage.  No more baby food for this little boy.  By the time we got back to the hotel we were all exhausted and full and tired. 

Best Picture EVER!  Love these boys!

chasing his shadow

My little surfer boy


Hudson's Aunt Laura, Uncle Frank, and cousins:  Andrew and John.




Saturday October 13, 2012

We slept in until about 7:30am (yes 7:30 is sleeping in at our house these days) had breakfast with the family then packed up our belongings and hit the road.  All I can say is, it is a good thing we got our van when we did.  I don't know how we would have survived with out it. That poor thing was packed full.  I don't think we could have fit one more thing in there. 


Hudson did really well on the drive home.  We ate lunch at Maurice's BBQ.  Hudson ate Macaroni and cheese, hush puppies, and BBQ pulled pork.  He is such a good baby!  For dinner we stopped at Cracker Barrel again (when you travel this is where you have to stop right?) to let Hudson walk around and stretch his legs.  Hudson ate green beans, mashed potatoes, chicken, and meatloaf.  Thankfully, Hudson was able to fall asleep after dinner and Steve was able to drive all the way home.  We arrived home around 9:00pm (I think...).


Well, that's it.  Our Vacation in a nutshell.  I know I am missing so much and I wish I could remember everything.  We had such a nice time and enjoyed spending time together and with family.  I hope we get the pprounity to do this again in the future.  We had a wonderful first vacation with our family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment