Friday, July 20, 2012

Gymboree & Play

Hudson had his first Gymboree class yesterday!  I really think Hudson had fun!  Gymboree s basically a gym for babies and small children.  There are lots of small things for them to climb on and everything is covered in foam so that they can't get hurt.  Now that Hudson can crawl it seemed like a good time for him to give it a try.  We went with Huddy Buddy's friend Wyatt and his mommy!  There were 6 babies there total and all the mommies were so nice.

You would think I would have taken millions of pictures, but I didn't.  I don't know what I was thinking!  Next time I will try to remember.  Anyway, It was a very hands on class taught by Ms. Sarah.  She sang lots of songs and lead many mommy/baby activities.  We focused on movement yesterday.  Hudson crawled through a tunnel, slid down slides, chased beach balls, played airplane, played baby soccer (so funny), popped bubbles, and enjoyed the big parachute.  Overall he really had fun!

The class started at 12:30, so I think it threw us off our "routine" a little.  By the time class was over Hudson was hungry and very sleepy.  As soon as we got home Hudson was out cold and slept for over two hours.  haha  Next week we will try to nap and eat lunch before class that way he is less cranky toward the end. 

I absolutely LOVE being able to do this kind of stuff with Hudson.  It is something that he probably won't remember at all, but I really enjoy getting to do it with him and will always remember.  Seeing him discover new things, learn to interact with other babies, and conquer new obstacles was/is amazing.  After this we may try a swim lesson or some other activity. 

If anyone has any suggestions for fun (inexpensive) things to do with or take babies to, PLEASE let me know!  I would love to get some ideas that are baby and budget friendly that would get Hudson and I out of the house.  We go to the park a lot and walk the mall sometimes, but you can only do that so many times before both Hudson and I are over it.  :) 

It's funny because Hudson is at that age where he wants to play and discover, so I feel like I need to keep him entertained, but  he gets distracted easily and at 9 months there isn't much to do.  Again, any suggestions on games or toys that are good for babies his age would be greatly appreciated! 


No comments:

Post a Comment