Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hudson Crawled for the FIRST Time!


Today, around 11:00am Hudson crawled for the very first time!  He is 9 months and 4 days old!  We were playing on our living room floor and he wanted something that was just out of reach.  So, he got into crawling position and then lowered himself to his elbows and "crawled" on his elbows and knees to his toy.  I thought to myself "WOW, that's getting so close!".  Then something else caught Hudson's eye and he took off, this time on his hands and knees!  I swear my jaw hit the floor!  I called Steve immediately and sent him video so he could witness Hudson's first crawl too!  Steve has been anxiously waiting for this moment for a long time!  I know he is going to go crazy when he get's home and can see Huddy Buddy crawl in person!  It is now just after noon and Hudson just now went down for a nap.  He has been crawling everywhere!  haha  The pictures that I took of him crawling are a little fuzzy but it's the best I could get.  There are also about 30minutes of video footage of him crawling and if I can figure out how to upload it I will!  I am so happy that he has reached this HUGE milestone, and a little sad at the same time.  I'm happy because Hudson is just adorable and so funny!  He is incredibly smart!  Every "NEW" stage is fun!  I'm sad because Hudson is growing up and changing so fast.  I feel like every time I blink he is doing something new. 




This beautiful poem really hit home.  From now on I'm not going to stress about the unimportant things (not that having a clean house and dishes and laundry is unimportant, it just isn't AS important than being there for my family).  I want to do my best to make sure I don't miss a thing! 

Mother, O' Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth.
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek - peekaboo.

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew,
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo.
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

~ Ruth Hulbert Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment