Saturday, July 7, 2012

9 Months Old Today

Hudson Michael Farmer on July 7, 2012
Well, it's that time again.  Yes, another month has passed.  My little Huddy Buddy is 9 months old today!  Today has been bitter sweet.  It is your last monthly birthday in the single digits....  For some reason this has really gotten to me.  It isn't that I'm not looking forward to all of your stages. It's just that I love you so much and so hard to imagine being able to love you anymore than I do today.  That might not make any sense to you but maybe when you have kids of your own you will understand the overwhelming love I feel in my heart and desire to make time just stand still (even if only for a moment). 



Hudson you are surprising me every day and changing right before my eyes.  I looked back over your monthly pictures and can't believe how different you look and how much stronger you are!  Where did my little round faced baby with chubby cheeks go?  I will say that I think you are the most adorable baby and that I have never seen a more beautiful baby!  You are such a sweet little boy and being your mommy is such a blessing.


At 9 Months:
  • You are eating three meals a day (fruit in the morning, veggies for lunch, and cereal at night).
  • You can crawl backwards and scoot into a sitting position but still won't go forward.
  • You WILL NOT drink formula or eat anything mixed with it.  
  • You are still mostly sleeping in our room in your pack n' play.
  • You have been sleeping through the night again for a little over a week now!  
  • You can say MAMA
  • I really think you understand Yes and No and some other things we say to you.
  • You still don't have a single tooth...I was so wrong.
  • You love to play games (peek a boo, pat-a-cake...)
  • When I read to you, you turn the pages for me and do a really good job (usually).
  • You reach for everything
  • You can feed yourself your bottle
  • You can sit up on your own from the laying down position.  In the mornings or when you wake up from your nap, you don't cry anymore.  You get into a sitting position and play quietly by yourself until someone comes to get you.  It is the sweetest thing ever.  
  • You laugh all of the time.
  • You LOVE bath time and pool time.
  • You roll everywhere!  It's time to baby-proof the house. 
  • You like playing with kitchen utensils and Tupperware. 
  • You have started pulling yourself up into the standing position on your own using furniture to help you balance.
Hudson was so sleepy after a long day in the car.
On Monday, you have your 9 month checkup.  We will find out your height and weight then.  At my parents house this past weekend we found my old baby book.  You were bigger at 6 months than I was at 9 months!  haha You are just my perfectly healthy loveable baby boy!

*************Updated on 7-9-12************


Hudson is in the 98% for height an the 50-75% for weight.  He is perfectly happy and healthy!  Dr. Mack said Hudson looked great and unless he gets sick we don't need to go back for another 3 months.  That means that he won't have another appointment until he is a year old!  CRAZY!  We absolutely love his doctor and the nurses are so nice! 

***************************************


My favorite picture of Hudson to date!  7-7-12
Hudson, you are the apple of your daddy's and my eye.  We just adore you.  You have brought more joy to our little family than we could have ever imagined.  It is such a pleasure watching you grow from a tiny helpless infant into a courageous and  curious little boy.  It's hard to believe that all of your first holidays are almost over and we can't wait to celebrate many many many more with you.  You are a joy and we love you more than you will ever know or understand.  Happy 9 Month Birthday!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment