Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Week At Grandma & Grandpa's House


Grandpa and Hudson

Grandma and Hudson

This past week my dad had to go out of town on a business trip. So....  Hudson and I, along with my sister Jessica, headed home to spend the week with my mom!  Usually we only get to visit for a day or two, so this was a real treat!  There is just something so nice and comforting about going home.  I love the town and house where I grew up.  When I was younger I really took it for granted.  Little did I know that when I grew up I would miss it like crazy and secretly hope to one day move back to raise my babies there.  It's beautiful, there is really a lot to do, great restaurants, awesome school system, close to a big city...I could go on and on.  Even if we don't make our way back to my hometown, I hope that sometime in the near future we will at least be closer.





Anyway, we arrived Sunday evening and will be leaving tomorrow.  As I write this, Hudson is sleeping next to me.  He has had so much fun playing this week he has completely worn himself out!  My mom got out some of Jessica and my old baby toys for Huddy Buddy to play with.  He LOVED them!  They really don't make toys like they use to.  Hudson played with BIG alphabet blocks, a plastic pot filled with different shaped blocks.  All these "new" toys made him so happy!



Too big for mommy's old walker!

Hudson really found his voice this week too.  He has been happily screaming and squealing for a long time now, but about three days ago Hudson started growing/screaming in frustration and anger.  Mom says he is spoiled because he will pout and scream then immediately stop when he gets what he wants! haha  All he usually wants is more attention (if it is even possible to give more).  I think it's really funny.  He is only 6 months old, so of course I'm going to give in to his demands!

My dad got home today after flying all night.  He had to work though, so mom, Jess, Hudson, and I decided to take Hudson to the zoo for the very first time.  It was so nice out!  There weren't many people there so there it wasn't crowded at all!  Amazingly, ALL and I mean ALL of the animals were out.  We got to see all the bears they were right out in the middle of their sanctuary laying in the sun.  The tigers were standing right by the glass wall staring at us.  It was AMAZING!  I was honestly a little nervous...  haha  They are HUGE!  We also got the pleasure of seeing both the male and female lions up close and personal!  The lion even roared for us!  I have never been to the zoo when all the animals were out and easy to spot!  Hudson liked the monkeys they were so funny!  We also got to see giraffes, cheetahs, lizards, elephants (a baby elephant too), bats, turtles, and much more!  All in all Hudson seemed to enjoy himself.  He was a little too young to know what was going on, but he liked watching everything and listening to the noises.  Lets face it Mom, Jess, and I really wanted to go and WE had a BLAST!








Milk break at the zoo!








Mommy and Baby elephant


Grandma and Hudson walking around the zoo




We had so much fun at the zoo 5-3-12

I'm so bummed to be leaving tomorrow, but ready to be home with Steve.  Hudson and I both have missed "daddy" while we have been gone.  Well, Hudson has woken up from his late afternoon nap, so I must tend to him.  It's bath time!

 

2 comments:

  1. Sweet photos! =) Found your blog via Kellys Korner. My husband & I lived in KY for two years after we married almost 12 years ago. I have fond memories of my "old KY home". ;o) I'm a TN native though...there's no place like home...FOR SURE. You can check out my blog at http://www.swonderful2beme.blogspot.com. I'm following your blog. Your lil' guy is cute! They grow fast! Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Kellys Korner. I am a mommy, blogger and teacher in Central KY too!! Nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete