Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Milestones: Sleeping and Moving

Hudson and Milo



He loves opening and closing the door on his little house!

So much has happened sense my last post!  We celebrated my very first Mother's Day, Hudson started sleeping in his own room, and he has started moving (not crawling yet).  This little guy never ceases to amaze me!




OK, so for my very first Mother's Day we ventured down South to Nashville, TN to visit my good friend who just graduated from PT School AND spend some time together as a family for my first Mother's Day!  My friend's graduation party was lovely.  We got to hang out and mingle with some old friends as well as meet some new ones.  Of course Hudson was a huge hit!  He was the entertainment!  haha  We stayed at the LOWES Hotel near Vanderbilt campus.  It was beautiful (Steve did a great job making the arrangements).  It was our first little family trip!  Hudson did great!  He is such a good baby!  On our way home we got stuck in some serious traffic.  What should have taken a little over three hours ended up taking eight!  People were getting out of their cars and walking around.  Sadly, the accident that caused the traffic was a fatal one... It's things like that, that really make you thankful for what you have and make you think about how fortunate we are to be safe.  Anyway, even though we sat in non-moving bumper to bumper traffic most of Mother's Day, it ended up being wonderful.  I got to spend ALL DAY with my Husband and baby!  Again, Hudson did so well!  He didn't fuss at all!  This could have been disastrous, but it really wasn't!  The only thing that happened was an explosive diaper that got baby poop all over the car..in a traffic jam...All we could do was laugh!  When we FINALLY got home Steve and Hudson had a surprise for me!  HUDSON'S FOOTPRINTS in cement!  I couldn't have asked for a better gift! 

Sitting in traffic Mother's Day 2012


Steve and Hudson sitting in our stopped car












Going a little CRAZY sitting in traffic





Mother's Day gift 2012 from Hudson and Steve


We have been trying to get Hudson to sleep in his room over night for months!  He will take the occasional nap in there, but would always cry and scream all night.  I would end up just bringing him back into our room and putting him in his rock n play sleeper....  Well, last night he started looking so sleepy around 7:00pm so we decided to give it another try.  He went down, woke up twice (I think...10:45pm and 4:30am) but went back to sleep immediately and slept until 8:30am this morning!  AHHHHHH  He did so well!  I am so proud of my cute little Huddy Buddy!  It's so funny because he was in his room sound asleep, but couldn't sleep at all!  I kept listening for him and hearing little noises so I would get up and "check" on him.... He was fine, but I stayed up most of the night.  Hudson is in bed for the night and I'm hoping that he does well again tonight so I can get some needed sleep!

Playing at Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house



Sweetest picture ever!  May 2012

Our little Hudson is now on the move.  No, he isn't crawling yet (but he's so close).  He is however sitting upright and bouncing on his bottom thrusting his legs out in front of him and pulling himself forward AND Rolling wherever he wants to go!  I will put him in the middle of our living room with his toys and go to the kitchen to clean something and come back a few minutes later and he will be across the room!  From what I have read this is called "creeping".  It's so cute because he has these little balls that he likes to chase.  He gets his knees up and will push off with his feet, but just can't seem to get his belly off the ground so he military crawls like a little worm reaching and grunting the whole way!  haha SOOOO FUNNY!  He is so close.  I can't imagine it will be too much longer before Hudson is off crawling and impossible to catch!



Reaching


5-23-12 Tired and gave up

No comments:

Post a Comment