Tuesday, April 10, 2012

6 months old and baby's first Easter!






I am a few days late posting this, but we have had company staying at our house! YES, Grandma and Grandpa Smith were here visiting for Easter AND to celebrate Huddy Buddy's 6 month birthday! On the 7th Grandma, Hudson, and I went to JCP portrait studio to get pictures taken. They turned out absolutely adorable! I can hardly wait to get them back! Then we went to the park to spend the afternoon and grilled chicken for dinner. It was such a nice day!















Hudson,


At six months old, you amaze me every day! You have such a fun personality and are very interactive. You sit all by yourself, and want to most of the time now. You chew on your hands constantly trying to get those teeth to poke through. A few months ago I thought you had a tooth about to break through...guess I was wrong. You can still see it under your gum tissue, but it has yet to make an appearance! haha You reach for whatever you want and are very persistent! Your daddy and I are so in love with you. Steve can still make you laugh more than anyone! It is so sweet! YOU LOVE YOUR FEET! You can even get your toes in your mouth! It would be really gross if it weren't so stinking cute (plus your feet are just as clean as your hands right now)! You are eating vegetables now. You HATE peas and carrots, but will tolerate green beans and squash. You also love our dog Sadie to lick your hands and face. Whenever she walks by you stick out your hands wanting her to give you kisses!




You are wearing size 6 month onsies, and 9 months for every thing else. You are in size 3 diapers but can fit into a size 4 just fine. You have a doctors appointment (dun dun dunnn) in the morning, so we will know exactly how much you weigh and how big you have gotten!  


*updated 4-16-12:  Hudson had his doctors appointment and he did great!  Before the doctor or nurse came in Hudson enjoyed ripping up the paper table covering.  When the nurse gave him his 6 month shots, Hudson only whimpered for a minute.  He is such a good baby.  According to Dr. Mack, "Hudson's stats are off the chart"!  haha  He is a TALL and lean baby (the nurse said so).  Dr. Mack made the comment that he is thin for his height, and you WILL NOT find another 6 month old baby as tall as Hudson.  I love my BIG baby! 


Yesterday, was your very first Easter! Both sets of grandparents and your Uncle Phillip came over for dinner (late lunch). You got two very nice Easter baskets with lots of goodies in them! What a lucky and LOVED little boy! It was so nice getting together and catching up. You were, of coarse, the center of attention. During dinner you were sitting on my lap and even tried to steal some of my food! haha It was my fault for putting my plate too close! haha Like I said, I'm learning a little bit every day! 









This past Friday, the backyard was finished. Your daddy and I finally made the decision to fix it up really nice because we want you to have a nice and safe place to play. We are going to have a lot of fun out there this summer!


WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH! HAPPY 6 MONTHS LITTLE MAN!



No comments:

Post a Comment