Monday, August 12, 2013

Baby 2: First Prenatal Visit


Today I had my 8 week appointment and ultrasound!  Steve came with me.  I'm glad he was there. The appointment lasted three hours!  CRAZY

We had the ultrasound appointment first.  It was just as amazing as I remembered it being with Hudson.  When the ultrasound tech got our baby's picture up on the screen, all these emotions FINALLY surfaced and I couldn't hold back the tears.  According to my calculations we are 8 weeks along, but according the the ultrasound we are at 9 weeks!  AHH that means we got pregnant the month before we thought we did!  I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to hear the baby's heartbeat, but the ultrasound tech was able to measure it some how and our baby had a healthy heartbeat of 170bpm!

After that we met with at doctor and just went over our health history, and what to expect throughout this pregnancy.

Finally, lastly I had blood work done.

Shooo I was exhausted by the end of it all!

This time around the "morning" sickness has been A LOT worse!  It is crazy!  With Hudson I only remember getting sick once.  This time is a completely different story.  It was nice getting some information from the doctor about things I could do/take to help with it.  She even wrote me a Rx, but I'm not sure I will use it.  I looked it up on-line and I just don't think at this point it's worth the risk.

I was starting to get really nauseous at the doctor's office.  On the drive home I just couldn't hold it in anymore!  I had to grab a random back and just started puking.  Poor Steve!  I don't know how he was able to deal with a heaving, gagging, vomiting wife in the seat next to him while he was trying to drive....  blah

We are so thankful that everything looks good so far.  It was amazing seeing our baby and we are getting excited to share the good news with family and friends soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment