Thursday, June 13, 2013

Milestone and random thoughts

HUDSON DRANK OUT OF A BIG BOY CUP ALL BY HIMSELF!!!!!

He held it, tilted it, drank out of it (without spilling too much), sent the cup back down, and clapped for himself!

So freaking adorable!


This week has been fun!  Hudson and I have been running around and going lots of fun places.  On Monday we had contractors come out to our house and we cleaned.  Hudson is such a good little helper.

On Tuesday we went to the zoo with Katie and her daughter Bailey.  We know each other through our husbands.  It was so nice of Katie to invite us to go with her and it was so much fun catching up!  Hudson loved all the animals.  He got to pet some goats and a turtle.  His favorite exhibit was the penguins!  He laughed and squealed when they jumped in the water and swam by the glass.  It was so cute to watch him get so excited!

On Wednesday we ran errands then checked out a local park by our house.  It is/was a playground and splash park.  I didn't bring Hudson's swim shorts, but he didn't care.  He loved running through the water.  I don't think I have ever seen him get so excited!  SERIOUSLY!  His facial expressions and sounds were pure delight!  We came home for nap time then headed over to our neighborhood pool.  It was our first time there!  I was pleased.  Everyone was very nice and the pool area was just beautiful.  They even have a separate adult only pool that has a waterfall!!!! WHAT?!?!?  haha  Hudson and I played in the "everyone can swim" pool.  He loved watching all the people jump off the diving board and would count for them "two, wee, ump".  We are working on "ONE, two three" but haven't had much luck yet.  Hudson enjoyed jumping off the wall into my arms and blowing bubbles.  I think he was really just drinking the water and laughing....  Something to work on.  :)  It was such a fun day.

Today, we were going to go to a farm and feed/pet animals and pick strawberries but the weather wasn't good.  We actually drove about 20 minutes and had to turn around.  We got caught in a big storm and I just couldn't see us being able to do anything.  Hopefully we can go soon.

It has been such a fun week and I am really getting use to the area.  I LOVE our new house.  I love our new neighborhood, and I love all the nice people we have met so far!  The only thing I just don't know if I will ever get use to... having to get on a freeway AND an interstate just to get to Bed Bath and Beyond or Home Depot!!!  WE are so accustomed to just driving 2 minutes up the road to get ANYWHERE.  Here the city is so spread out it seems like it takes at least 20 minutes to get anywhere. I will say that so far traffic hasn't been nearly as bad.  There may be more lights and it might take a while to get from point A to point B, but there is a lot less traffic altogether (or so it seems)!  I have fond that there are a lot more free and fun things to do with kids here.  That's always nice!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment