Tuesday, January 15, 2013

15 month checkup

Hudson had his 15 month doctor appointment today.  Where has the time gone?!?!

His appointment was at 8:00am  today.  I could kick myself for making it that early!  When I set up this appointment 3 months ago, Hudson was waking up really early (between 5:30 and 6:30) so making it for 8 seemed like a great idea.  Now that Hudson sleeps until at least 7:00 it is a little more tricky.  The 8:00am traffic didn't make things any easier either!  WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?!



Anyway,  the doctor checked his ears and said that they are looking much better!  yea!!!  Hopefully we won't have to go back for 3 months now.  :)  Wishful thinking!  Hudson is growing and developing perfectly.  He is still topping the charts in height and weight.  We have one BIG boy on our hands!  hehe  I wouldn't have it any other way!  Poor Hudson even had to get 2 shots today.  This time he knew they were coming...  When I laid him on the examining table, he started crying before he even got the shots.  That hurt my heart, knowing he was anticipating them and wasn't happy about it.  :(  He took them like a champ though and didn't even need Tylenol!  

Hudson's 15 month stats:
  • Height 33.5 inches >98%
  • Weight 25lbs 8oz 75-90%
  • Head 18.5 inches 50-75%


While there, I asked the doctor about foods Hudson could have now.  I wasn't sure if there were still any restrictions.  The doctor said the only thing we shouldn't give him are peanuts or peanut related products.  Other than that, nothing is off limits.  We have been giving Hudson a variety of foods, but have been avoiding honey because I just wasn't sure....  So, today after his appointment I picked up some honey graham crackers and cheerios for Hudson.  I thought he would like those a lot more than the plain and baby versions, plus they are a lot less expensive.  Boy, was I right!  Hudson LOVED his graham cracker.  it was really funny to watch how excited he got over every bite!  haha

I am so glad he had a good 15 month checkup.  We thank God every day for our BIG & HEALTHY boy!  He is such a blessing in our lives.  Now, I think it's time for somebody's nap! 

No comments:

Post a Comment