Monday, February 6, 2012

What a weekend!

I am so tired after this crazy weekend!  The Superbowl is/was in Indianapolis, IN (my hometown) yesterday.  For the past week, there have been all sorts of NFL festivities downtown.  After seeing so many pictures from my friends and hearing all about the events on the news I JUST HAD TO GO!  So, Friday morning I couldn't take it any more.  I mean, how many times does the Superbowl take place in your hometown?!?  I called Steve, told hm my idea and thankfully he was on board.  He left work early and we hit the road around 2:00pm.  We made it to my parents house around 6:00pm.  The original plan was for my parents to go downtown with us, but my mom had another idea.  She told Steve and I to go and she and my dad would watch Hudson for us.  It was really nice to be able to go out along with my hubby.  I was a little hesitant about leaving Hudson, but what could I do?  We had just driven 3+ hours to go to the NFL experience and couldn't really justify not going.  My mom can be so sneaky!  haha  Steve and I decided to make a night of it.




We went to dinner and then drove downtown.  It was busy, but we didn't have much trouble finding a place to park.  When we started walking toward the circle and Lucas Oil Stadium we realized just how many people were there and had the same idea we did.



I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MANY PEOPLE IN ONE PLACE!  It was incredible.  Steve and I both decided it was a good thing we didn't try to bring Huddy Buddy!  There were so many people, we couldn't even see the concert stage.  People were on other peoples shoulders....  It was crazy!  There was supposedly a lot going on, but we didn't see any of it!!!  After about 2 hours of walking around we decided to call it a night.  It really was amazing how tame the crowd was considering just how many people were packed into the streets!  On our way home we got milkshakes from Steak n Shake.  What a great way to end a fun evening!

Saturday, we left my parents house around 3:00pm so we could get back in time for the UK game.  It was sad to leave.  Hudson was especially sad.  My parents got Hudson a Jumperoo to keep at their house.  He is finally big enough and strong enough to use it!  Anyway, he LOVED bouncing around!  When it was time to go, he didn't want to get out!  AND IM SURE HE MISSES HIS GRANDMA AND GRANDPA TOO!  haha




Steve had a friend in town from Nashville to watch the game.  Some of his other friends also came over.   They came over again for the Superbowl yesterday.  It is funny how good they are with Hudson.  I was surprised.  You would think that the last thing a bunch of twenty something guys would want to do is spend time/ hold a baby, but I was wrong.  They played with him and held him.  And lets me honest, Huddy Buddy seems to really enjoy spending time with "the boys".

Sunday morning, Steve and I finally joined the church we have been attending for almost a year.  We started the process of becoming members back in September, but never got around to completing it.  Something happened right around that time that has been a little distracting, but I just cant put my finger on it.... haha  Next Sunday, Hudson (along with a few other babies from our Sunday School class) will be dedicated!  My parents and Steve's parents will be there.  I'm so excited.  This week I need to find Hudson something cute to wear because all he has right now are footed pajamas!  I'm on a mission.

Well, that's it.  Our fun filled weekend in a nutshell.  This upcoming week I have two bible studies to look forward to, a pediatrician visit (with shots)  and my sweet little baby turns 4 months old!  WHAT?!?!  How is this possible!  Hudson is almost 4 MONTHS OLD!  Where has the time gone?!?! 

2-5-12

No comments:

Post a Comment