Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Unexpected Morning

Today is Wednesday, so like usual Steve, Hudson and I all woke up and went our separate ways.  Steve went off to work and Hudson and I headed to church.  I have a women's bible study and Hudson gets to play in the nursery with the other kiddos!  He always loves it.  After bible study, Steve and I had planned to meet somewhere for lunch.  We never get the chance to have lunch together, but thought today it might be nice.  So, I called him as soon as we left the church to figure out where to meet.   

Steve told me he was on his way to Midway, Kentucky for work but could meet us an hour later.  That sounded good to me.  Hudson had just been changed, fed, and was now fast asleep.  I thought it would be a good time to run an errand.  Hudson and I made our way to the mall (which with a baby is no small thing).  I got his stroller ready, reorganized his diaper bag, and off we rolled through the rain (Hudson was completely sheltered from the rain and covered with a blanket). We were headed to Bare Escentuals store because I was completely out of foundation.  Unless the world wants to see my scary naked face, I NEEDED that makeup!  haha

*****Side note, Bare Minerals is the BEST makeup on earth.  I have been using it since I was a freshmen in high school....so, about 11 years.  I LOVE IT!  It doesn't leave icky makeup lines, never gets cakey, and always looks natural.  It is also good for most if not all skin types.  AMAZING*******

Anyway, no sooner had I pushed the stroller in the door of the BE store than my phone started ringing.  It was Steve.  He was calling to tell me he was in a car accident.  My heart sunk.  The weather has been so bad today anyway....  ugh  Thankfully Steve and everyone one else involved was alright.  Our car on the other hand was not so lucky.  As I was driving out to Midway to pick Steve up, I passed the tow truck that was hauling our car away....

That poor car has been through so much in the 12 years we (our family) had it.  It was originally my dad's car, then when I was a senior in collage he gave the car to me.  When Steve's car died, I gave him the Honda so he had a dependable car for work.  I drove that car when I was first learning to drive and so did my sister.  It's mirror has been snapped off when my sister was backing out of my parents garage.  I scratched the hubcaps and threw it out of alignment when I curbed it in front of my high school, On my first day of Dental Hygiene school I rear ended an SUV in my neighborhood, and now it was involved in a three car pileup.  *We are really not bad drivers, I PROMISE!

Now, we are just waiting to hear back from the repair shop to see if they will be able to fix the Honda or if they will total it.  I can't say waiting is something I'm particularly good at.  Sadly, I'm a very impatient person.  Hopefully the damage looks worse than it actually is.  I am just so glad Steve is alright.  It is now 3:00pm and we have already had one of THOSE days.  The waiting game continues!

Dear God,

Thank you for protecting Steve and the other people involved in the car accident.  Thank you for looking out for us and keeping us safe.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment