Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rice Cereal

Today, for the very first time, Hudson tried rice cereal! At Hudson's doctors appointment last week the doctor gave us the OK to start rice cereal anytime over the next few weeks. I have been too nervous to start feeding him cereal because I have no clue what I'm doing. Well, today the ladies covering the nursery at church (I was at bible study) mentioned that he was constantly acting hungry. They suggested I start giving him cereal and said it would help! I can't tell you how much I like the ladies that watch him Wednesday mornings! Anyway, on the way home we made a pit stop at Kroger and picked up some cereal, puréed vegetables, baby oragel, and some vitamin D drops. At his next feeding I mixed some milk with a little cereal (1tbsp) and tried to feed it to him with a spoon.... He wasn't too happy about that. We will try again maybe next week. I ended up mixing what I had made with 4oz of milk and put it in his bottle. He drank it right up! It seems to be keeping him full longer because it has been almost 4 hours and he isn't acting hungry yet! The past few days he has been eating every 2 hours! Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment