Thursday, August 7, 2014

I should be cleaning....

There are so many things I NEED to be doing right now, but instead I'm hear writing.

Summer is coming to an end.  School has started back up, and it just made me realize how fast days are coming and going.  Hudson is moments away from turning three and Alexis is almost 5 months old!  Life is just moving too fast and I have to stop to think and write things down or I'm afraid I'll forget how beautiful, ugly, chaotic, fun, crazy, joyful and amazing this time is.

We received Hudson's preschool information in the mail this week.  We have instructions as far as parent orientation, visitation, drop off and pick up, his teacher, and classmates.  I keep telling myself Hudson going to preschool isn't a big deal.  He'll only be 3 years old.  It's just like taking him to the gym with me and putting him in child care....  BUT IT IS A BIG DEAL!  My baby, my little boy, my first born is starting preschool!  He will be off with kids his own age, learning and playing.  I am so excited for his new adventure.  I'm also terrified.  A)  I will miss him like crazy.  B)  Kids can be so mean.  I want to protect him and keep him in a bubble, but I can't.  Him going to preschool means that not nice things will more than likely be said and done to him.  It kills me to know that while he will have a lot of fun ( I hope)  he will also experience some hurt.  I don't like that at all.  I know it's necessary for his social development...blah blah blah, but I'm his mommy and I want to keep from all the bad stuff in this world.  Anyway, Hud couldn't be more excited.  He is ready, and asks to go EVERY SINGLE DAY.  He tells me "I will never leave you mommy" all the time.  I only wish that were true.

Alexis' little teeth FINALLY stopped causing her so much pain and popped through.  She now has two tiny bottom teeth at 4 months old!  Holy Cow!  For an entire week my sweet, easy going, princess was a screaming ball of tears!  It was horrible for both mommy and baby.  She cried and screamed pretty constantly all day and all night.  Sleep didn't keep the pain at bay either.  She would whimper and scream/cry in her sleep.  I felt totally and completely helpless and in new territory.  We used ice in a mesh teether, freezer rings, teething tablets, Tylenol, a cold washcloth....  Nothing seemed to help her.  She didn't want to nurse, and she had really bad tummy issues.  Poor baby.  Thankfully that seemed to only last a week.  Now that her teeth have broken through, she is happy again.  All is right with the world and she is sleeping through the night again.

Alexis is napping in her room right now for the very first time.  We got her a little noisemaker fish tank for her crib to keep her entertained and hopefully help her fall asleep.  It worked like a charm.  Now If I could only figure out a way to keep Hudson from wanting to play with it all the time?!?!?!

I am so thankful to have two healthy and happy (most of the time) kids.  This morning as I sat in bed with Hud while nursing Alexis, I thought "this is probably on of the most ordinary moments, but it is one of the happiest of my life.  I never want to forget it".  It is so easy to take life for granted.  It is all to easy to miss all the beautiful moments, because we are all too often looking at the next BIG thing.  Well, I stopped to take it all in this morning.  It was wonderful.  I smelled and played with Alexis' hair.  It's getting so long.  I tickled her neck and watched her eyes sparkle as she laughed.  I showered Hudson with kisses and hugged him tight as he tried to wiggle away laughing.  I watched him get so exited when he thought he did something so funny.  I saw his eyes focus so intently as he played a game on my phone.  He is so smart.  My heart completely melted when my two babies kissed each other and really interacted.  I am so thankful to have a wonderful husband who works so hard for our family.  I am so thankful that I get to stay home and watch these two amazing babies grow up.  I am so thankful to God for choosing me to care for and love my children.  I am so undeserving of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment