Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Hudson's First Day of Preschool

This morning I woke up extra early to make a very special breakfast for a VERY SPECIAL little boy.  Today was a BIG DAY for Hudson!  It was his very first day of preschool!  We ate breakfast, then I cleaned Hud up really well so we could take first day of school pictures.  Hud was not all that interested in getting his picture taken, but was exited about his "very own" new blue back pack.  :)


The ride to preschool was oddly quiet and Hud didn't make any sounds walking into the building either.  When we got to his class room he stayed by my side and watched all the other boys and girls sitting in their seats playing with play-dough.  Some kids were crying and I think it made Hud a little nervous.  He never once cried, and as soon as I got him to his seat with "his stuff" he quickly forgot I was there.  I kissed him and slipped out of the room while he was grabbing for cookie cutters and other utensils to use on his dough.


When I went to pick him up in the afternoon, he was playing cars with other kids.  He saw me and instead of getting excited and running toward me, he said "NO!!! I don't want to go home!  I'm playing".  Nothing feels better than your child NOT wanting to go home with you.  Seriously though, it is wonderful that he wants to be there with his teacher and friends.  It makes me happy that he is independent and confident enough to be away from me.  Hopefully he will always have a love (or at least like) of school.  That would sure make Jr. High School and High school so much better if he actually wanted to go.


All in all, Hudson had a wonderful day.  He got Chocolate milk and apple slices as a special treat after his fun first day of school.  He still refused a nap, but crashed hard at bedtime.

Total SUCCESS and ZERO TEARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment