Monday, November 4, 2013

21 weeks with Alexis

Today I am 21 weeks with Miss Alexis Grace!

According to my baby app. Alexis is the size of a banana!  She has really been moving around a lot more.  I love feeling her little kicks.  I forgot what a wonderful feeling that was....

This past Saturday I had a panic attack because the pregnancy is half finished and we still having done anything to prepare....  With Hudson, we had our furniture and bedding already in.  His room had been painted, and he had most of the gear we needed.  I felt completely behind especially because we are doing both Alexi's room AND Hudson's room AND I have decided to make (yes make) all the bedding, curtains, pillows, blankets for the kids!  Shoooo What have I gotten myself into.

Anyway, so I was having a bit of a meltdown this weekend and just feeling completely behind and overwhelmed.  Steve took pity on me and we spend our entire Saturday looking at paint, furniture, and gear.  We found paint for both rooms and got a good deal on that.  Then we found the mattress and box set for Hud.  Finally, we went to Babies R Us where we purchased all of Alexis's furniture and got gear for both her and Hudson (diapers, wash, pacifiers, toddler rails...).

I feel so much better now!  Next weekend mom and dad are coming to paint both kids rooms.  I was going to do it myself (my doctor gave me the OK) but the sales person at the paint store scared the you know what out of me.  My parents said they would feel better if I didn't do it too, so they are going to make the trip to help us.  I am so thankful to have such selfless and willing parents.  EVERYTHING IS COMING TOGETHER!

At 21 weeks my only complaint are those pesky leg cramps!  I get them in the middle of the night, but right now it's not horrible.  Thank God!


No comments:

Post a Comment