Monday, May 6, 2013

Another exciting week....

About a week ago we went to visit my parents.  Steve and some work to do up North and Hudson and I were just going to hang out, go on walks, play at the park, run errands...  ya know, the fun stuff!  :)  Unfortunately, the day after we arrived Hudson started acting funny and by Thursday morning he had a fever.  Booo for sickness!  Around 12:00am Friday morning (thursday night) Hudson woke up crying and screaming.  I gave him some Tylonol and noticed he felt REALLY hot.  I decided to take his temp and realized that he had a fever of 105!!!  Steve, my mom, Hudson, and I rushed to the ER.

Never a dull moment.

He has had a fever constantly between 101 and 103 with the occasional spike to 105 sense then.  Also, he hasn't been eating much at all or drinking.... all this = one worried mama.  Last night his cough was so bad he threw up twice...  all over me...and our bed...and himself....  We smell really good right now :)

Hudson had a doctors appointment today at 8:45am where we found out he has Roseola, a virus that is distinguishable by a rash all over the body and high fever for a few days.  According to his doctor Hudson will be just fine, but will probably seem worse before he gets better.  All we can do is try to keep his fever down (it is much lower anyway now) and try to push liquids and some food....

If he isn't better by Wednesday we will need to take him back in to be looked at.

I hate it when he is sick.  Watching Hudson cry and scream in pain and discomfort is horrible.  I would do anything to make him feel better.  It is just the worst feeling in the whole world.

You work so hard to protect your kids and keep them safe, and when they get sick or hurt you feel like such a failure.  You question all of your actions.  Did you respond correctly, give him the right medicine, act quick enough, over react...?

I really hope he starts to feel better soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment