Friday, April 26, 2013

tossing...or not

I have recently started packing for our BIG move in a just a few weeks.  It is a very SLOW process.  Maybe it would help if I didn't get distracted and stop to look at everything....

This morning I was packing up our basement, mostly books and things that we wont need in the near future.  I also packed up all of my dental hygiene text books and binders.  Shoo I didn't realize just how many there were!  I have every binder will all of my notes for every single class!  I bet there were at least 15 large, completely crammed binders each weighing 5lbs.  haha  Why on earth am I keeping all of this?!?! 

I just can't seem to throw all my hygiene stuff away.  I worked so hard to A)get into hygiene school B) do will in hygiene school.  I spend so much time studying and learning.  I mean, that is seriously two years of my life right there in those binders and books....  Granted I only worked for a few months right out of school before becoming a full time mom.  I guess I also want to keep it around as a refresher for when and if I ever go back. 

Ugh Sometimes I feel like all that work was a complete waste of time and money.  Not that the profession isn't great, because it is wonderful.  I just worked so hard to get my Dental Hygiene License and what am I doing with it?  NOTHING!

I wouldn't trade anything in the word for the time I have gotten to spend with Hudson, but seeing all of this stuff I have accumulated for the job I always thought I wanted is just bringing up....i don't know what.  This is probably making no sense at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment