Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Routine

It is so weird to look back over the past few months and how life has really calmed down.  Back then I swore I would never sleep again and would spend the rest of my life in a nerve racking zombi state.  I had decided that after such a rough few months I would not be having any more babies... haha Today, I couldn't be farther from that.  I have really regained control over my life again and am able to sleep 8 hours a night most nights.  After having him in my life for five months, I have figured out Hudson's routine.  Overall he is a happy little guy, but he does do his fare share of crying.  It is so much easier now though because I can usually figure out pretty quick what it is he wants.  There are no complaints here.  

Coffee is my new BFF.  I drink it religiously every single day.  It is truly a lifesaver! 

The baby weight is really starting to come off now.  Why it is taking so long is beyond me!  Maybe I just had extremely unrealistic expectations about weigh loss, but at least its coming off now.  Most of my prepregnancy clothes still don't fit (soooo frustrating) but I was able to squeeze into a pair of my prepregnancy FAT jeans.  THIS WAS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!  With the weather being so amazingly nice lately I am really hoping to get a lot more walks in.

Being a stay at home mom is great!  I feel so fortunate that I get this amazing opportunity.  It is definitely more challenging than I thought it would be, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  Right now, my biggest struggle is prioritizing my time.  I thought I would be this super mom who could care for her baby and maintain a dust free super clean house all while preparing elaborate meals each night for dinner.  Every once in a while this is doable, but most days I don't even come close.  If you were to come over right now, you would see toys everywhere, dirty bottles filling the left side of the kitchen sink and dishes in the right.  You would see muddy paw prints by our back door where Sadie burst in the house after digging holes in our back yard.  DON'T even get me started on our yard. It is mostly dead (we have been working on our yard for 2 years, and just can't seem to get anything to work).  The only thing growing are weeds and there are tons of those.  Also, because the weather has been so nice our daffodils already popped up!  Maybe this weekend Ill get caught up on all the housework...

Hudson is my #1 priority.  I give him as much attention as he needs/wants.  Then I try to get some exercise and take care of myself.  I try to be considerate of Steve and make sure there is something ready for dinner (even if it is a frozen lasagna).  Then and only then, if there is any time left over do I clean.  Most days I have about 30 solid minutes to clean.  There are days (usually when I have bible studies or other appointments, or when Hudson is feeling particularly needy) when all I can do is LOVE on my baby.  The rest can wait.

Yep, life is completely different now than it was two years ago.  It has also drastically changed since November.  Each day is better than the one before and I couldn't be happier.  


















No comments:

Post a Comment