Monday, November 30, 2015

Christmas Time Is Here

Where do I even begin?!?!
Photo by Kyle Post Photography

Hudson is doing great a school and just finished his first "season" of soccer.  He loved it!  I just signed him up for swim lessons this winter so hopefully that's a hit as well.

Hudson and Alexis (along with Steve and I) got to meet Charlie (cousin/nephew) for the first time a few weeks ago!  Hudson thought it was great and all to have a new cousin, but Alexis was in heaven.  She treated Charlie like he was her baby and wanted to do everything for him.  It was so sweet.  It almost made me want to have another baby just so she could have a baby sibling to love on.  Almost…..

The Christmas Season is upon us again and the kids are at such a fun age!  This year both kids are participating in Christmas activities and able to communicate with us.  It really makes everything fun and we are able to do so much more.

We hosted Thanksgiving this year so everyone came to our house for the day to eat, play games, and just enjoy each others company.  We ALL ate way too much food.  If I see turkey or any other thanksgiving type food before next year I might throw up.  haha  The day after Thanksgiving mom and I went shopping!  We really never do the whole Black Friday thing, but we did this year and it was so fun!  I pretty much knocked out all of our Holiday shopping in one day!  YEA!!!!!!

I am really trying to teach the kids the real meaning of Christmas and still tie in all the fun traditions (santa, elf on the shelf….) There are so many great ideas on Pinterest about books to read, Advent activities, games….  So far the kids and I made a Countdown to Christmas thankful chain, we read Christmas stories every night, and I've been reading them bible verses of the Christmas Story out of the bible.  They have been asking a few questions, but I think a lot of it is just going right over their head.  Planting Seeds :)


No comments:

Post a Comment