Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Protecting the innocent

I'm going to be real with you.  The world is a beautiful wonderful place, but there are also some things out there that are just plain scary.  Evil is everywhere and bad things happen... all the time.  I never paid much attention to anything outside my own sheltered little bubble, but after having kids I have become hyper aware of any potential threat to the well being of my family.  Between deadly viruses and terrorist groups threatening our safety, Im spent.  Worrying is EXHAUSTING.

I want to protect my children and family for all the bad that is out there.  I want to shield them from all the evil of this world.  I want to protect their innocence, like my parents did for me.  As a parent, I feel absolutely helpless right now.  There are things of this world that are absolutely out of my control and it drives me crazy.

At bible study tonight we discussed how everything that is happening is all part of God's plan and how He will use all circumstances for His good.  It is hard to imagine that bad situations could somehow be turned around to glorify him, but they are.  Nothing happens by accident.  We must pray.  We must have faith, and we must remember that with God, nothing is impossible.

"Let Go & Let God"

Lord,

I'm afraid.  I worry about things I can't control.  Please bring me peace.  Help me to rely on you and not on myself to "fix" problems.  You are all powerful.  You can do anything.  Not one leaf falls without your knowing.  Nothing on this earth happens without you being completely aware.  Lord I pray that you will bring comfort to those who are burdened by grief or fear.  Heal those who are sick.   I pray you will protect those who love you Lord.  Please protect my children.  Keep them safe from harm and keep them healthy.  Lord bless us.  protect us.  Give us wisdom and understanding.  Lord please guide the leaders in the country and be with those fighting to keep us safe.  Give them wisdom to know how to effectively handle the situations we are in.  Thank you for my family, church, friends, pets, home, neighborhood, and this country.   Thank you for carefully planning my life in accordance with your will.  Please help me to always look to you for guidance.  Thank you for giving us hope through the sacrifice of your son Jesus.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment